Can someone please help me...

Options
I have been at this for 2 months of logging my daily meals and trying to limit my carbs as that is what slows me down alot as far as energy. I really would absolutely appreciate anyone's help to look at my diary and see maybe what I am doing wrong. I have stuck to healthy eating with only one cheat day in 2 months (which was this past Saturday). Am I not getting enough calories? I am 5'11 and 197 lbs. It is my sodium? Is it the Atkins bars that I use for my sweet tooth? I am trying to get 3-4 full days of exercise I usually do cross-fit (which I will take the punch I don't log it as much as I should). I also don't log on the weekend but keep about the same diet like I said I haven't had a cheat meal but one time. I am definitely doing something wrong. I would whole heartily appreciate anyone's insight and suggestions.

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you are doing something wrong? No weight loss? Not as much as you think you should be losing? :ohwell:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    What I generally pick up around here is that you don't want to eat under 1200 calories a day.
    I'd suggest eating about 1400 calories a day for 3 weeks, and see how it goes from there.
    If you are exercising you probably should eat more calories

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map

Edit: Oh, are your measurements changing, losing inches?
  • marakesh79
    Options
    Get your b12 and vitamin d checked.
  • tmpartington
    Options
    I totally agree that you need more calories. I'm 5'3" and 148lbs and eat similar calories to you and have had success losing weight. Where you're so much taller there's no question you need more calories to prevent your body from going into starvation mode. I would recommend fluctuating daily around these numbers: 1400, 1500, 1460, 1540.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Here's some things I would suggest: and feel free to check out my diary if you like!

1 - While your sodium doesn't look extreme to me, I see where you could improve this. Try to get away from the pre-packaged foods as much as possible and try some fresher alternatives. Like buy plain tilapia and season it yourself for example.

2 - I see you eat the same foods over and over.. try adding some variety and mix it up some.

3 - More fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean protein (chicken, turkey)

4 - Its also possible you aren't eating enough but that is a bit harder to tell if you're not logging it close to exact as you can.

5 - You're not tracking sugar but may want to look at that..
  • bethany68
    bethany68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do have a B12 deficiency mara funny you mention that.
  • bethany68
    bethany68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Neotarr- WOW that is such helpful information. I definitely have to save that. I have only don't my measurements once. So I plan on doing them again this weekend to see any results.

I think I really need to up my calories after the suggestions and further reading. I am also going to start tracking the sugar.

I am so thankful for MFP friends. I mean that!