Chia Recipes?

Options
zenchild
zenchild Posts: 680 Member
After reading so much about how good chia seeds are I've decided to try them. I picked some up yesterday and after a quick search on Google, I put a cup of water and a tablespoon of seeds in a container, shook it up and took it to work for breakfast this morning. I'm sure those of you who eat these on a regular basis know how this ended. I have managed to eat about half of my concoction but it's pretty bad. The first thing that comes to mind is frog spawn.
What are your favorite recipes? I'm mostly looking for quick and easy breakfast or snacks. There has to be something better than this.

Replies

• TinySal
    TinySal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I put about a tablespoon in smoothies. warning though...don 't let the smoothie sit as it really thickens in a gelitonous way . Not my favorite.

I do know some people that eat it every day and they have the most beautiful thick shiny hair
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I really like chia seeds blended with papaya and almond milk!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I just sprinkle mine on my yoghurt/muesli
  • Geckokat
    Geckokat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just sprinkle chia seeds on yogurt and eat it immediately. I don't like them when they turn into frog eggs....
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i put them in yogurt. I also did the drink before, but now I just put them in my yogurt and eat right away. They are very good, no need for fish oil anymore, this and ground flaxseed meal are full of omegas
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I eat them by the spoonful.. like a snack, followed by a glass of water.

Like flax, it gives you ALA, but your body doesn't convert 100% to EPA and DHA, so it's still good to take your fish oil :)