Taking the first step in a long journey.

Options
Hello all! I'm a newcomer to the site, and as of today have started on the path to a healthier lifestyle. The last few years were tough on me and my family, and I ended up eating out WAY too much. Before I knew it, I'd put on 50 pounds! It's come on so fast that clothes I bought last summer no longer fit. Enough is enough, and I'm on my way to taking it all off.

My main weapon is a pilates routine that I used to do back in 04 to work off my "freshman 15". It's a fairly decent workout for someone as out of shape as me, and it'll be even more effective once I roll some aerobics into it.

The next few weeks are going to be grueling as I get used to my diet and exercise regime, but if I can make it past this, I have a feeling I can finally get my life back in order.

Replies

• Evette7
    Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I will add you as a friend :)
    I hope that you will continue and stick to this journey no matter what.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck hun ^-^. I sent a friend request if you wish to add me :flowerforyou:
  • OmegaSkye
    OmegaSkye Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for the support, guys. :3 I added you to my friends. I'm pretty committed to keep this up! I'm feeling great today--a lot better than I have in a while. My husband and his brother went and got Carl's Jr., and I was able to say "no thank you" when they asked if I wanted something. :3
  • charmaineW83
    charmaineW83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp i too am a newbie ( well after using the app for mths on and off but new to the site, lol ) I start completely fresh sunday nite. I have lots of support of people on here which has given be such a boost on my life style change. good luck honey on your journey, I have send a friend request.
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great to hear you have a clear decision. Add me as friend for support.
  • CaseyGaffney
    Options
    You can do it, baby-steps; its a marathon, not a race. I started out walking 30 min a day and not stuffing my face so much and it actually started working!!! Welcome and good luck; feel free to add me.