Nose tube diet

Options
http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread/brides-8217-extreme-wedding-preparations-nose-tube-diet-173800919.html

I could not believe this. I think its disgusting and quite frankly LAZY.
I know brides want to be skinny but this has to be sending the wrong message.

Thoughts???

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Kind of Sad that "Doctors" will go for this. I just feel bad for everyone involved.
  • WolffRN
    WolffRN Posts: 48
    Options
    Disgusting and so UNHEALTHY and bad for you. The idiot "Dr. " is making money off people's ignorance. I can only imagine the long term damage.
  • keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is disgusting. Who wants to walk around with a tube in your nose unless it's actually medically necessary?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I am kind of saddened that I missed out on the good old days of wiring your jaw shut.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    saw this on the "news" today. so gross.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even finish reading that, it was disgusting!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    yeah, that's both disgusting and lazy
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Saw this on the news yesterday. How sad that people would go to that extreme to lose weight.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I just wondered when a feeding tube became a "diet tool". Instead of portion control and exercise. I ve heard and seen some crazy diets but this is just plain stupid to me.
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    After watching my sixteen year old sister-in-law struggling with her feeding tube in the months before she died, I think it is sickening that people would actually choose this when they are fit and healthy.

The world has gone mad.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Yah I read about that today. It's so sad how Doctors can exploit such a thing, aren't they supposed to be helping us be healthy??
    Also, it's very lazy on anyones part doing this, especially for a wedding! Normally you'd have months in advance to lose for your big day, why not just do it the normal, healthy way?
    Nose tube? No thanks, food tastes GOOD.
  • mz_hartbreaka
    mz_hartbreaka Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thats just pathletic, she shuld be more worried about important things like her children, and the dr that allowed this shuld be shot.. perhaps a lil old fashion hard work and exercise wuld get her to her goal weight.. thats just disgusting..
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I assisted at a school where a very anorexic pupil was having to wear a feeding tube. The stares she got were clearly difficult for her and I can't imagine how ill she actually must have had to be to have to wear one. The fact that people are CHOOSING to wear them is sick and incredibly lazy.
  • feistymoon
    feistymoon Posts: 152
    Options
    I think it's more sad than disgusting. Imagine the level of self loathing and insecurity that people must reach to consider something like this. This is exactly why people need support and guidance when they have issues with food and eating.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

The world has gone mad

Pretty much sums it up!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I heard about this on the radio. It is absolutely ridiculous. I would never do that and I would look down on someone who did.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    These women must be dumb and lazy. Anytime you cut your calories you are going to lose weight. Who needs to be healthy and create a healthy relationship with food and exercise, that just takes too much time and too much work!
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I saw this on the news yesterday and am horrified, sickened and saddened that people have dropped to this all new low of vanity. What has happened to our society that we can't watch what we eat, eat more healthfully (is that even a word) and get our bodies moving so as to burn calories! It's just mind boggling!!!
  • sugarcrane2
    Options
    I don't agree with it either, I had to put feeding tubes in my son and it was traumatic and gross having to check for stomach acid and what not. But after dieting (1200 calories) and exercising (insanity) for 7 months and only losing 8 pounds, I can see where they would be desperate and willing to try anything. She might have tried eating right and exercising and it’s just down to crunch time, the weight has got to go. Read the other postings and you’ll see tons of people eating and exercising but not losing. I bet it’s cheaper and less invasive then liposuction (which I would totally do if I had the money). So who knows why she or the other girls are doing it but I can relate for the willingness to do almost anything to get to a better weight.