c25k help

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
I have been on week 3 for about 3-4 weeks and I started week 4 today. I am doing the treadmill version. It has a 3-5-3-5 min interval of running. I was able to get through the 3-5-3 but couldn't do the last 5 cuz I was so winded. Should i just keep trying this week until I am comfortable or do I go back to week 3 again? I walk at 3.7-3.9 and run at 5.1mph at an incline of 0.5.

Any help is great!

Replies

• kbutlerrvt
    Options
    Try slowing it down! When I started, I was walking at 3.0 mph and running at 4. Yes, it's slower than I wanted to do but you have to start slowly and work your way up.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Push yourself but not too hard! You don't want to get injured. I have also repeated week 3 many times. I *might* attempt it next week, but I don't want to get hurt!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Try slowing it down! When I started, I was walking at 3.0 mph and running at 4. Yes, it's slower than I wanted to do but you have to start slowly and work your way up.

But i can walk at 4....its almost like speed walking
  • tattooed_momma
    Options
    i attempted week 4 day 1 today. i also could not do the last 5 minute run....but i could and did do 2 minutes of those 5. i have only been on each week for the actual week...so today started my 4th week of running. anyway...i plan to try again tomorrow, but if i can't do the last 5 again, i will do what i can do (atleast 2 mins) and build up from there. it's much harder than week 3 was, but i know the first time i accomplish it, it will feel great!
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    I'm not using the treadmill but I found the first day or two with longer runs I had to slow my pace down quite a bit. Even if I was almost a walking pace, I kept jogging. Now the 5 minute intervals are no problem and I'm trrying to speed up my time.