A guy's NSV for a change - I can fit in my car!

Options
DopeItUp
DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
I am a fairly large man (started at about 6'3" ~300lbs). I have always had a problem fitting in one of my cars due to head room. I modified the seat to fit better. I cut some of the springs out so that the bottom foam cushion sags a little more. I cut out the bumpstops so that you can lower the seat right to the floor (the electric motor rests on the carpet now).

This was enough to fit with my head touching the headliner. I still had to lean the seat back or slouch while driving to avoid hitting my head on the roof when hitting bumps however.

Just this weekend I got the car out of winter storage and drove it around. I can actually fit my fingers between my head and the headliner now. Losing ~60lbs must have shrunk my *kitten* enough that I sit low enough to be comfortable now.

Once I reach my goal I hope to be able to wear a helmet so I can race again. I haven't raced in around 10 years so this is a big deal for me!

Replies

• AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! Made me giggle a bit...only because my husband is also a big 6'3, and when he is in tiny cars, he looks like Mr. Incredible! Congrats on your loss!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Now thats a NSV!! congrats!
  • omgwtfMindyloo
    omgwtfMindyloo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That sounds really exciting. Keep up the great work.
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!!!! Congradulations....
  • lcastaneda
    lcastaneda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's a GREAT NSV. Keep pressing on. U r doing fantastic.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I chuckled at this..Great NSV!!!! Good luck to u!!!!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! Congratulations!
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Great job :)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! It's funny where we see progress, but that is really an objective measure!

Great work, keep it up!
    All the best,
    Jen
  • Heidbummer
    Heidbummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    RESULT! (And we need more men around here - I'm trying to recruit my brother and my husband to MFP, but they've got this weird idea that its a site for women)
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Does that imply you're going to have to modify the passenger seat for me with a booster seat so that when I shrink enough, I can still see out the windshield? :) Nice work, hon. Keep it up!
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sweet!

What kind of car? And what kind of racing do you do? Just lapping? Auto cross? Rally?
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    Does that imply you're going to have to modify the passenger seat for me with a booster seat so that when I shrink enough, I can still see out the windshield? :) Nice work, hon. Keep it up!

Yes, and I would pay good money to see you ride around in a booster seat ;)
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    Sweet!

What kind of car? And what kind of racing do you do? Just lapping? Auto cross? Rally?

It's a corvette. I used to drag race it up at New England Dragway many years ago. I'd like to get back into it and I'd also like to get into road racing (HPDE) but that expense is something I've tried to avoid for financial reasons unfortunately.
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    good stuff bro! were both shooting for the same goal!!!!!
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!! :) Keep up the great work!!!!
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    way to go, well done, keep it up!
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a fairly large man (started at about 6'3" ~300lbs).

Losing ~60lbs must have shrunk my *kitten* enough that I sit low enough to be comfortable now.

Nice work big fella. We share the same starting weight.

Has your change been due to diet, or diet and exercise, or?

I've cleaned up a lot with foods, not eating fast food nearly as much, cut out soda (not entirely, but down 99% from what I used to drink), bought a few workout dvds P90x and Jillians Ripped In 30 and 30 Day Shred.

Congrats on your loss so far man. Cheers.
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    I am a fairly large man (started at about 6'3" ~300lbs).

Losing ~60lbs must have shrunk my *kitten* enough that I sit low enough to be comfortable now.

Nice work big fella. We share the same starting weight.

Has your change been due to diet, or diet and exercise, or?

I've cleaned up a lot with foods, not eating fast food nearly as much, cut out soda (not entirely, but down 99% from what I used to drink), bought a few workout dvds P90x and Jillians Ripped In 30 and 30 Day Shred.

Congrats on your loss so far man. Cheers.

Thanks. It's pretty much all diet. I exercise to build strength and get in shape. Oh and to afford a few more calories so I can drink my beer still! Best of all worlds.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, this is BEYOND awesome!!! Good for you! (As an aside, at 5'1", I cannot even fathom my head hitting the roof of...well...ANYTHING...hahahah)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!