Suggestions for working out at home?

Options
Hello,

Between work, kids, and school I literally have minimal time to travel to the gym. I am trying to get a workout plan together for home. I have the Wii Zumba Fitness and love it, but if anyone can recommend any good suggestions for a great work out at home, please let me know. I have an old workout video, but I can't even think of the name! Thanks!:sad:

Replies

• tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock.tv - 12 minutes a day! Everyone can find 12 minutes!
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser wii fitness. It logs your weigt on the balance board. You ae able to choose the level intensity as well as the time. Variety is a bit limited but since they do offer so many levlels you are able to get plenty of variety. Keep changing it up. Also, you actually risk eliminations. So when it comes to your challenges make sure you try your very hardest. You risk loosing your entire logging as I did by getting 'voted off' Good luck~ Sandi
  • beautyinme0815
    Options
    Hello,

I just went to the website and this looks VERY interesting. I'm going to check the videos out! Thanks!
  • beautyinme0815
    Options
    I am on Amazon looking at the game now. I am going to try to find some screen shots of it, I can look into that as well. I really enjoy the wii fitness games, I really need to get a daily routine going to keep myself motivated. Thanks so much for this tidbit!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Wii Biggest Loser works you
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Wii Biggest Loser works you
    sorry didn't read all before i posted
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I like the biggest loser videos..
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Youtube, youtube, youtube. There are tons of 20, 30, 60 minute workout videos on youtube. I have found min trampoline routines, hip hop dance, zumba, taebo, yoga and more. I save them to my favorites and I plug the HDMI cord from my laptop to my tv and I have instant workout and variety.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Walk up and down stairs a few times. Do lunges or squats while cooking meals. Do push ups against the wall. Pretend to be jumping rope. Do a twist lunge (lunged then twist at the hips). Use your bottom step as if it's a step for step aerobics. Do a plank during commercials. See if you can increase your time each time a new set of commercials comes on.
  • Cartwheelsss
    Options
    as an ex competitive gymnast, i have lots of exercizes that can be done at home. a small circuit of 1 arms, 1 stomach, and 1 legs is good. try 20 squat jumps for legs, 15 sit ups for stomach (i know they suck, believe me. however it'll help in the long run), and 10 push ups for arms. do the circuit twice and you've got in a nice workout for the day
    (i dont know about workout videos, unfortunately)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Turbofire! It's a BLAST :)
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love biggest loser boot camp!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I workout at home also (for time reasons). My collection has Turbo Fire, Insanity, 30 Day Shred, 6 week 6 pack, Tae Bo boot camp, (just to name my favorites) and I am on the search for more :)
  • steveoath
    steveoath Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Before my wedding last year I did a boot camp in town but it became too expensive to keep up, but I really did enjoy the High Intensity Interval training. So when on honeymoon I saw an infomercial for Insanity DVDs which was the same. I love it and it sets me up for the day. Couldn't face doing it after work!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose and don't have the stamina (yet) for higher-intensity workouts, so I like the Walk Away the Pounds videos. There is a one-mile walk that only takes 20 minutes which I like because I can fit it into my day so easily. There are also longer walks available.

Here are some sample videos. I follow these at work sometimes if I have a break. http://www.walkathome.com/try-walk-at-home/
  • runningjessimaca
    Options
    love the youtube suggestion, workout dvds can run you some bucks. I think it depends on how old your kids are, mine are at the age when trying to do a workout causes them to come out of the woodwork and try to irritate me. and once your adrenaline gets going they are extra irritating. my best bet? find a workout you can do with them. my little girl likes to hula hoop, have a contest with a jump roper or hula hooper. she and the baby can sometimes sit together in the stroller without fighting, i've decided setting an example and my healthy happy endorphins beat out any complaints, and they just have to stay in the stroller, for my run or a walk to the store. (big hit, walk to 7-11 and get the kid a slurpee)

trying to nail mini-workouts while you do things (just saw one about workouts for in the car while you're stopped at lights) is a hit or miss. if you can do it consistently, awesome. unfortunately, I think most of us start forgetting.

I say (and say it to reaffirm it to myself) play with the kids, it's fun, good for them, good for you. ultimate multi-tasking. (also can make it easier to schedule the workout time)

Good luck and determination to all! (busy mommies especially)
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Youtube, youtube, youtube. There are tons of 20, 30, 60 minute workout videos on youtube. I have found min trampoline routines, hip hop dance, zumba, taebo, yoga and more. I save them to my favorites and I plug the HDMI cord from my laptop to my tv and I have instant workout and variety.

I'm going to have to search for some of these. We have a Boxee Box set up on our big screen and it has a Youtube app I think. That will work great. Thanks.

I love my Wii...I alternate between EA Active 2 and Zumba 2. I fit my workouts in whenever I get 20 - 30 minutes in my day.
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    TaeBo and Billy Blanks!! I started doing that after I had my youngest son, and I could pick up and do it when I had a chance. It was an easy way to squeeze in the workout when I had the time.
  • amy12321
    amy12321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Any dance workout videos are really fun and they're great exercise because they work out your whole body!
    -Drop it With Dance with Tabitha D'Umo by Prevention is REALLY fun (my favourite)
    -Tummy Tone Party Zone by Dance of the Inches is fun.
    Dancing with the stars has a really good one, it has the Cha-Cha and Jive and cool things like that.