I'm not on a diet, I'm on a Lifestyle Change!

Options

Replies

• insaneandroid
    Options
    That's the way I love to see it too!
  • JustdoitJess
    JustdoitJess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im new to this and I'm here to get my body back to it's normal weight! I want to feel good about myself and be confident! I'm looking for helpful friends, motivation, healthy tips and I'm determind to take this on full force! Thanks!
  • JustdoitJess
    Options
    yep! If you constantly tell yourself it's a diet, it seems harder to focus and really reach your goals... So to me, i say its a lifestyle chage... This is the way i want to contiue to be and make eating healthy and exercise a part of my everyday life... not just for "2 weeks' or so :)
  • insaneandroid
    Options
    yep! If you constantly tell yourself it's a diet, it seems harder to focus and really reach your goals... So to me, i say its a lifestyle chage... This is the way i want to contiue to be and make eating healthy and exercise a part of my everyday life... not just for "2 weeks' or so :)

Yeah that's how I see it too! Like the changes you are making now are going to be the things that help you start thinking smarter about what you eat and what you do with the energy you intake. Not only making you a smarter eater but a healthier person too.
    I'm also new here and am hoping to change my old bad habits into healthier more motivational ones. I'm pretty sure we can help support each other :D
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That's what I think too. I refuse to go back to my old ways. I am so much healther, stronger, and even happier.
  • JustdoitJess
    Options
    I think changing a lifestyle I never really cared about has been, and is going to be my biggest challenge... but I'm really ready to take this on full force...I've started exercising and thats been great. My hardest thing is FOOD! I;m so busy so i always eat on the run and when it comes to cooking i just dont have any healthy recipes.... But like you said, I'm going to make my self get on here everyday and see the progress of others, find new ideas, and i even have this app on my phone so anytime i et something im going to make sure to record it and not go over my calories each day!!! I'm excited that this is finally going to be what i need to not only get me going, but keep me motivated!

BTW, do you have a pinterest account? I have some really great fitness tips on profile.
  • Amygrl559
    Amygrl559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's the way I see it, as well. This is my journey to a healthier lifestyle! That's what I like to say. Feel free to add me, if you wish. I need as much support and motivation as I can get! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've been eating right for about 12 years now. When I first learned how to eat, I lost about 25 lbs. And kept it off (til a few crept on with hormonal changes). I always told people (and still do): I'm on a low crap diet. :smile:
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Here too! My mom always says how's the diet going. Drives me crazy! I always say it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!!
  • LeeRB1990
    LeeRB1990 Posts: 34
    Options
    TOPIC: I'm not on a diet, I'm on a Lifestyle Change!

Perfect
  • allipix711
    Options
    I think that's the only way to look at it and be successful!
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thats how I see it too. For I want this to be permanent thing and when I diet the weight always comes back.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Love this thread. The mother in law would ask me on a nearly constant basis, `Hows your diet going?' in an almost condescending way. I would constantly retort that mine was a lifestyle chance which it has been.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Way to go Jess! I totally agree with your attitude and think it's the best way <3
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Every family member: "How's your diet going?"
    "Thought you couldn't eat that on a diet."

Facepalm.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    My Mantra:

THIS IS NOT A DIET, THIS IS LIFE, DONE RIGHT
  • CraftyPayne
    Options
    Hi ya

I also see it this way , diets just dont work for me but MFP has done fab ..I feel healthier lighter and fitter in just eight weeks .
    Anyone looking for new friends feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    When people ask about a diet, or even worse suggest some new plan or product, I just tell them I don't want to be doing anything right now that I won't be doing 10 years from now.
  • emsmate
    emsmate Posts: 11
    Options
    i didnt come on here to diet, but to become more aware of making sensible choices and a healthier lifestyle, and i have xxx