Not enough...UGH

Options
Today was one of those days where no matter what I ate, it wasn't enough. All I wanted to do was eat more. Nothing was satisfying. I know everyone has this type of day now and then. How do you deal with it? Do you have any tips so that you don't go crazy and eat all day long?

Replies

• lacensuch
    lacensuch Posts: 36
    Options
    i wish i did because i'm having that kind of day today. not really satisfied with what i have eaten today. Hope tomorrow brings you satisfaction.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Today was one of those days where no matter what I ate, it wasn't enough. All I wanted to do was eat more. Nothing was satisfying. I know everyone has this type of day now and then. How do you deal with it? Do you have any tips so that you don't go crazy and eat all day long?
    I had a day like that last week...I went to sleep at 8 so I wouldn't be temped...had a great sleep (longer than I normally do). When I went to weight watchers many years ago this is what they recommended
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Could it have been caused by you not truly eating what you wanted? For example, you were really craving a piece of cake but since you're trying to cut back on that stuff you decide you won't have the cake and instead will have fruit... then some chips... then some candy.. then pizza.... etc etc. Before you know it- you've had WAY more calories than if you would have just let yourself enjoy what your initial craving was! AND.... you're still not satisfied.

I know the feeling and have been there, but I say don't get down on yourself for this. In the future if you are having a craving for something... go for it... just eat it. You will be much more satisfied than if you had picked at a bunch of random stuff all day and still not felt happy (like today).

You got this- tomorrow is a bright new day.
  • BrittanieGo
    BrittanieGo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have days like that every couple weeks, I make a big protein shake and get in the bath with a book, its way to far from the kitchen to make it worth it ;)
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    Water with Crystal Light! a whole quart of it!!
  • JamieDeBree
    JamieDeBree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Could it have been caused by you not truly eating what you wanted? For example, you were really craving a piece of cake but since you're trying to cut back on that stuff you decide you won't have the cake and instead will have fruit... then some chips... then some candy.. then pizza.... etc etc. Before you know it- you've had WAY more calories than if you would have just let yourself enjoy what your initial craving was! AND.... you're still not satisfied.

This is what happens to me here and there - and I second her advice. If you're truly craving something in particular, just go ahead and have that thing instead of trying to "eat around" it (work the rest of your calories around it if you can, or toss in an extra workout to offset).

Another thing is the types of food I'm eating...on really high-carb (ie, donut LOL) days, I find I'm not satisfied as long or as well as I normally am when my meals are more balanced. A protein or fruit snack usually gets me over that...greek yogurt, pineapple chunks, something fairly dense. So that might be another thing to consider...
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I stuff myself with water (flavored or not) or eat a pile of sugar-free mints (not that this is healthy but at least the whole pack of mints is 100 calories vs. eating a whole bag of chips(or whatever))
  • Anora0805
    Anora0805 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I know the feeling and have been there, but I say don't get down on yourself for this. In the future if you are having a craving for something... go for it... just eat it. You will be much more satisfied than if you had picked at a bunch of random stuff all day and still not felt happy (like today).

You got this- tomorrow is a bright new day.

Hmm...I'm not really sure. Maybe I was thinking too much about what I couldn't eat, and not enough about what I was craving?? I managed to stay away from all the junk food, but just didn't feel full. Thank you for the response. This will definitely give me something to think about next time I have a day like this!
  • Anora0805
    Anora0805 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sleep and the bath (or finding something else to keep you occupied) are great ideas! Thanks everyone! I have a son that keeps me very busy, so I don't know how much time I have for either of those, but that certainly gives me some ideas for things to think about. And the Crystal Light will definitely be worth trying. I have a really hard time getting in my water intake, so that may be what I need on those days.

Thanks again, everyone!
  • hatrammell
    Options
    I don't know if this helps, but I have days like this all of the time... and the worst part is that I have a sit-down job so its hard to occupy my time. Honestly, when I get like this (which today was a day like this) and I can't do anything active, I try to find little jobs to do around my work. I will get on the computer and make a budget or do some homework or even look up something interesting, even if it is the most random thing ever. If I find something interesting enough, I pay attention to that not the hunger.

Hope it helps and good luck!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This is great timing because I just had one of these days! I usually snack through out the day to keep the metabolism up, but sometimes snacking just makes me even hungrier and I just want to feel full rather than satisfied. So after a day of torture, I came home and made myself some spicy soup with tons of fiber and protein but still low in cals and ate 2 cups!

I've found that working out also curbs my appetite and has the added benefit of allowing for extra cals :)

And I totally agree that if you crave something, you should just eat it. I've tried far too often of "eat around" the craving and end up eating tons of calories and eventually just giving into the craving anyway.