any diet products/supplements that have helped you?

Options
I don't think I've ever been in a GNC, never tried protein powders, no knowledge of any of these products. Are there any products or supplements that have helped to lose or keep weight off? Just curious, thanks :)

Replies

• jennis82
    jennis82 Posts: 76
    Options
    I know my friend uses a protein shake, does 1,200 cals, 45 carbs, and 75 protein. She's lost 55, and still losing. About 2-3 pounds a week. She loves the protein shakes! I need to get some! Esp if you want to build some mussel, and it's hard to get in all your protein....so I'd try it:)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I am also curious if protein shakes and some of the other supplements really make a difference
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I just started protein powders this week. I like them. It is a nice quick way to add some protein to your day. Also for anyone with blood sugar issues I highly recommend cinnamon supplements. They really went a long way to helping me fight blood sugar levels until my weight loss lowered it.
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I take PGX, it is good, no craving, keeps you regular (if you know what i mean) and keeps my sugars and BP in contol.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Supplements are great if you have a nutritional deficiency that need supplementing.
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeology since May 2011 everyday and simply love it. My husband a type 1 diabetic had great success with Shakeology and he has been a loyal drinker since September 2011. Did my research and this was by far one of the best out there!! Good luck
  • Rozgarden
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeology since May 2011 everyday and simply love it. My husband a type 1 diabetic had great success with Shakeology and he has been a loyal drinker since September 2011. Did my research and this was by far one of the best out there!! Good luck

Yep, I have to agree. Best move I ever made.
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Cool- looks like I need to look at some protein shakes!
    I do take a multi-vitamin and fish oil, just wondering about diet products. Thanks everyone!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Protein.
    Multi-Vitamin.
    Fish Oil

and right now, GABA, Inositol, Calcium and Magnesium to help with my stress.

I took CLA when I first started to lose weight.
    Seemed to help more then than now.
  • Girlmv312
    Girlmv312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Zinc- helps prevent crazy sugar cravings! I found a list of other vitamins that also help,
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/496016-sugar-cravings-are-a-sign-of-which-mineral-deficiency/
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Protein powders don't do anything except add protein.

The only supplement that helps a lot for fat loss is yohimbine, ephedrine, and caffeine.

Fish oil has some apparent benefits as well, some of which can pertain to fat loss.

If you're magnesium deficient then supplemental magnesium can help in terms of recovery and performance.

So, what should you take?

Take protein powders if you need more protein. Start taking fish oil and magnesium if you're deficient. If you need an extra fat loss boost then take ephedrine and caffeine and possibly yohimbine (research protocols using this extensively as some people have hurt themselves).

In the end, supplements do exactly as their name: supplement.
  • jennis82
    jennis82 Posts: 76
    Options
    Protein powders don't do anything except add protein.

The only supplement that helps a lot for fat loss is yohimbine, ephedrine, and caffeine.

Fish oil has some apparent benefits as well, some of which can pertain to fat loss.

If you're magnesium deficient then supplemental magnesium can help in terms of recovery and performance.

So, what should you take?

Take protein powders if you need more protein. Start taking fish oil and magnesium if you're deficient. If you need an extra fat loss boost then take ephedrine and caffeine and possibly yohimbine (research protocols using this extensively as some people have hurt themselves).

In the end, supplements do exactly as their name: supplement.

I believe ephedrine is illegal....or maybe just where I am?? :>/
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    People often use protein supplements as meal replacements, so it helps keep calories down.

Depending on where you are from, you get carded for ephedrine. It's still used for breathing related issues, so should still be available I'd think.

I read somewhere that the bacteria in your gut has been linked to metabolic disorder, so I'm trying some probiotics at the moment. We'll see if that helps with weight loss.
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yeah, I don't know of any ephedrine products around me. Let us know on the probiotics, I haven't tried em!
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options

I believe ephedrine is illegal....or maybe just where I am?? :>/

Yes, ephedrine is illegal in the States but it isn't in Canada. You can get bronkaid. Even then, you can just use caffein and yohimbine (which is legal in the States but illegal in Canada. Funny how that works!). Yohimbine is good for "stubborn" fat.