Exercise advice?

Options
Hi guys I'm Emma.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of indoor exercises.
I don't live close to a gym and I'm not a very outdoor person.
I would like to be able to turn on music and do exercises in my living room or bedroom.
I've thought about going on youtube or another website to look up work out videos but I haven't gave it a try yet so idk...

Any advise will be gladly appreciated! :)

Replies

• Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    Hi Emma! Welcome to My Fitness Pal! Jumping jacks, jumping rope, hulla hooping,etc. If you go to the cardiovascular list, you can browse through all the different exercises listed in the mfp database. There are quite a few that you can perform at home- nothing but yourself required!
  • mememabob
    mememabob Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv its amazing. its all over facebook and its all over youtube as well. it'll kick your butt. its amazing.
    I also just downloaded 30 day shred, I'ma try it out tomorrow and I'll let you know.
    Meanwhile let Bodyrock.tv motivate you!! Lisa-Marie is the new host and she's a total babe with crazy abs. All of it is to be done in the home with little to no equipment.
  • emt11dgreene
    Options
    if you have a smart phone you can search for apps...i found daily arm workout, daily leg workout, daily abs workout, daily butt workout, daily yoga workout, and daily cardio workout...they all come in both free and paid apps...each can be done in 5 to 10 minutes
  • ChristiMick1
    Options
    Hi Emma! I used to pay for a membership I wasn't making use of! Now I watch for good deals on used exercise videos at local DVD preowned shops or rummage sales, pawn shops etc. There are lots of really cheap ones if you start looking. Then I buy used weights at sales too.
    In the meantime, try YouTube or spark people. I started with a goal of 10 minutes of exercise a day. Coach Nicole has lots of 10 minute videos on the spark people web site and they are free!
    The key is finding something you really enjoy so u stick with it. And journaling your journey.
    Oh, take your measurements too.....u will enjoy looking back at your progress once you get hooked!
    Let me know what you start out with! Good luck! Christi
  • GreenEyedDork
    GreenEyedDork Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys.. I'm going to look up your ideas and I'll try to get back to you guys :)