Success with eating more, cardio and weights...

Options
Yet another thread on these topics :) Thought I'd share:

Dec 15, 2011: 147lbs at my heaviest (see the way I was hiding behind my bag??)

Jan 15, 2012: 139lbs only diet at sub-1200 gross calories, no exercise

Mar 15, 2012: 128lbs diet at around 1600 gross calories (net around 1350) and cardio in the months of Feb and Mar

Apr 15, 2012: 132lbs diet with small calorie deficit at 1800 to 2200 gross calories (net around 1700 and with thanks to HID who gave me some advice), cardio and weight lifting. I gained around 5-6lbs on starting weights but the scales are moving downwards again. Gains were lean mass as measurements stayed the same despite gains.

Ultimately, my greatest body composition change came from doing initially cardio and then cardio+weights. Diet alone allowed me to lose weight but cardio and weight lifting saw me losing fat. TBH, I'm more of a cardio person as I love running, elliptical etc but I saw the benefits of weight lifting (especially the eating more part, lol) thanks to MFP and those of you who post frequently on the site encouraging women to lift.

PS. Sorry, no bikini, underwear, face pics.

7086258549_8abb907a45.jpg

Replies

• annibester
    Options
    Wow,stunning! You look great! Just a general question; in how many meals do you eat your calories daily?
  • marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    Options
    Thnaks.

No fixed number, rhyme or reason! I used to try to follow rules - eat same number of meals a day, tried IF and so on but could not stick to it so now I eat when I'm hungry. I find 1700 cals easy to stick to as my minimum.
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    You look incredible! Very inspiring! What is IF? Just breezed through Primal Blueprint & Paleo, and noticed this abbreviation as well. Thanks and congrats!!
  • marbly
    Options
    IF means intermittent fasting such as eat stop eat, leangains and fast five. It's a method where you eat within a feeding window and fast for the other times. It's great but not suitable for everyone. Leangains also has a feeding/workout timing program for those who wish to follow.

During my first month of eating more, I researched like mad on what I could do to NOT self-sabotage so IF was one of the methods I tried. It did not work for me as I found myself starving during the fasting times and not being able to eat so much during the feeding window.

To anyone, feel free to ask Qs, I can't answer from a science perspective but can tell you what worked or did not work for me :)
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    You look great! Eating more has really helped you loose fat...not just the weight.

How tall are you and what lifting program are you doing?
  • marbly
    Options
    You look great! Eating more has really helped you loose fat...not just the weight.

How tall are you and what lifting program are you doing?

I'm 5'6". I'm doing a combination of stronglifts 5x5 (simplest beginner lifting program to follow!) plus the bikini model program (heh, heh, nothing ventured, nothing gained!) which I got from here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/11-at-home-bikini-model-exercises.htm

I've got someways to go yet. Hoping to get to my ideal weight and somewhat ideal shape by end of the year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!