Has anyone else ........?

Options
So I have just realised today that although I have lost 1.5 stone (woo hoo for me) I haven't actually dropped a trouser size :(

I have noticed that my current jeans (3 pairs) are looser but they are still and UK 18, now I have thought about it it's bugging me!!!

Anyone else?

Replies

• ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That's why I weigh, and measure, and check my % body fat. The more things there are to check, the more chances there are to see some forward progress. I've noticed that sometimes when I lose a bunch of weight suddenly, my body fat will go up, and vice versa. Think of it on a graph as two sine waves out of phase but both trending downward. (Did I really just type that?) Oh well, it made sense earlier.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I used to use Keto-sticks as well.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    So I have just realised today that although I have lost 1.5 stone (woo hoo for me) I haven't actually dropped a trouser size :(

I have noticed that my current jeans (3 pairs) are looser but they are still and UK 18, now I have thought about it it's bugging me!!!

Anyone else?

You're doing lots of cardio I assume?
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I stayed in my same jeans size 9for the last 15lbs. I am now wearing a smaller size, but they are very snug. A number is just a number. I bet you are wearing them better than you were before you lost this weight.

My numbers are us sizes. I don't know how to translate these.. Sorry.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    That's why I weigh, and measure, and check my % body fat. The more things there are to check, the more chances there are to see some forward progress. I've noticed that sometimes when I lose a bunch of weight suddenly, my body fat will go up, and vice versa. Think of it on a graph as two sine waves out of phase but both trending downward. (Did I really just type that?) Oh well, it made sense earlier.

this!.. I weigh, take pictures and measure!.. Plus, not sure what you mean with 1.5, pounds?, kgs?, either way I think its just a little step and not actually enough to drop a size on your clothing. But you are in the right path!, and I know you soon will be able to buy smaller sizes :) so dont worry!
  • sarahdee2007
    Options

this!.. I weigh, take pictures and measure!.. Plus, not sure what you mean with 1.5, pounds?, kgs?, either way I think its just a little step and not actually enough to drop a size on your clothing. But you are in the right path!, and I know you soon will be able to buy smaller sizes :) so dont worry!

I just looked it up. Its about 21lbs from what I saw.
  • maxybaby8
    maxybaby8 Posts: 17
    Options
    hi i am the same lost 11lbs but still in 16 uk but they are not so tight i also think its where you buy your clothes from its great you have lost so much dont know about you but since i am in my 40es its harder to lose the weight go luck keep going you will get into a smaller size soon
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Are you tall? I'm 6 ft and I seem to need to lose about 20-25 pounds to change a size.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It may also depend on where the weight is dropping from. I've had periods of dropping quite a few pounds without a size change, but I could visibly (and through measurements) tell that it was coming from my face/neck/arms/thighs or some other place rather than seeing a difference in my waist or hips for a while. Or it could be a more spread-out overall loss, which may also take longer to really see in terms of a clothing size.

I do agree that sometimes it's a matter of how you look/feel in them, though. Maybe not a new size, but you might wear the same size better. :) And if nothing else, hope you're feeling better/healthier. That can be better sometimes than dropping a size. And congrats on the weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • Limajuliet
    Limajuliet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yes.. me! It's so frustrating! For me, part of it is that I was kidding myself that I was an 18 and squeezing into size 18 clothes. So now 18s either fit me or are a little too big, but still haven't actually dropped a size yet. I'm trying to worry about it and looking forward to the shopping spree when I do eventually get to goal!!
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Same for me but the opposite way round. I lost a lot from my bottom half first but the top took ages to go down. I'm still 2 sizes bigger on the top than the bottom. You've probably lost from other areas and maybe your bottom half will take longer. Unfortunately we can't pick where to lose the weigh from, I'd love to keep my bottom half as it is and lose from my boobs and belly, they just don't want to budge :/

Well done on your 1.5 stone, that's a really good loss. Keep going and you'll drop a pants size in time :smile: