Day 3 of the 30 day shred

Options
OUCH!!!

Today is the first day i've noticed my muscles HURTING. Mainly my legs but oww!! Is this normal? Is it ok to keep working out every day? I really want to do it in 30 days straight.

As long as I know it's ok I'll keep going!!

Replies

• nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If it's a good sore, it's normal but most programs don't make you work the same muscles every day. I'd make sure to let your muscles heal before working the same ones again. If you have more than one tape try alternating upper & lower body? If they truly hurt that bad then I'd rest them a little... Good luck!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i just done my day 2 workout !!! i think the pain is a good sign that our muscles are being pushed. if we wanted an easy workout then we'd have bought a different dvd right??

keep going and itll get easier.... :)
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks mumma I agree. Its not like injury sore. Just... sore like my muscles have been working. Definitely feel like I want to walk it out though, might head to the gym for a walk tonight or just go out at lunch. We'll see!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Day 2- 5 was the worst., remember to stretch stretch stretch stretch and drinks lots of water. And yes, it will hurt sitting down on the toiletseat and its perfectlly normal to grab something in the process lol.
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    I had the same problem. I found that if I stretch for about 5 mins before I start my workout I feel a ton less sore the next day. I also took a recovery day where I did pilates instead of 30DS. That really helped and I got right back to it th next day. I am now on day 9, but about to start level 1 over as my husband has decided he wants to do it with me. :laugh:
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2, day 7 of 30DS and during level 1 I ended up taking a day off after 3 days and my body thanked me for it. I also started walking in the evenings after dinner. (30DS in the a.m.) and that helped keep the muscles looser I think. I am even able to go for runs on work out days during level 2! Days 3 and 3 were the worst pain wise for me and then it did start to get better! Hang in there the inches lost will be worth it!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Im on day 2 and boy am I feeling it already!!

Like the others have said, as long as it's "good pain" through having a thorough workout and not "Bad pain" through injury it's perfectly normal!

I had to walk down the stairs sideways this morning because my thighs hurt so much, and blow drying my hair was a mission in itself due to burning arms! But it's all good!

Best wishes with the rest of your shred!
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had started a couple of weeks ago and fell off the wagon. Back on!
    The worst was the first week. I found that taking a day off the program and doing some walking reall stretched it all out.