Apps for Iphone

Options
niclagi
niclagi Posts: 177 Member
Hi, I am loving the C25K and enjoyed the free trial of pocket trainer (doesn't play music easily on the app) . I am wondering if any of you knows of any other great exercise apps. I'd like a great kettlebell app and a great personal trainer type app, but any suggestions of your favorites and I'll check them out. I would reallllllly like to be able to play music through the apps.

Replies

• jgilbey
    jgilbey Posts: 79
    Options
    I use the free pedometer when I go for outside walks because it tracks the miles I walk by GPS, the pedometer itself isn't too reliable I think. I think theres other GPS tracker that do the same but I hvan't tried them.
  • niclagi
    Options
    Wow... that's pretty neat. I'll check it out.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm finished with c25k but still running, I use Runkeeper to track my route, pace & distance, and it plays music through the app.
  • paxier
    paxier Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    try the Nike Training Club, heaps of cool workouts on that. Ditto the Runkeeper.
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I love the Nike+ GPS app and the Nike Training Club.
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Nike+ & run keeper :)
  • AdamB311
    AdamB311 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    RunKeeper has been amazing for me running
    Now personally I use an app called iFitness for gym stuff, but I heard it was taken off the app store a while ago :/
  • madhusky
    madhusky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i use mapmyfitness.com
    it calculates distance, avg speed, cals burnt and much more. its easy to use and to set up. It works on gps/phone signal and also you can play your itunes through it. plus factor its FREE! i love it and cant stop using it even if its just walking to post a letter or go to the shop down the road.
    it also includes running, walking, dog walking, cycling, bmx, mountain bikes etc etc.
    Awesome app
  • madhusky
    madhusky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    RunKeeper has been amazing for me running
    Now personally I use an app called iFitness for gym stuff, but I heard it was taken off the app store a while ago :/

i used to have this on my temporary nokia while my iphone was repaired, i found the calories were way out and telling me i had used over 200 more than the other apps like nike and mapmyfitness.
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Endomondo : to keep track of your calories burnt. works using GPS signal. (calculates using distance traveled/ your body weight and time).

Monitor my weight: for weight logging, see the trends etc.

Both are free apps :)
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have the following which I quite like:

"Leg Workouts" (icon is a little orange square with a white leg doing a lunge)
    "Arm Workouts" (red square with a white arm lifting a weight)
    "Push ups" (blue square with a white figure of a man doing a push up)
    "Butt Workouts" (pink square with a white torso doing a leg extension)

They were all free apps! Each one has exercise routines which you can choose by level of difficulty and which you can edit to include your favourite exercises. The routines change every time you do them as well so you don't get fed up of doing the same thing over and over again.

Once you've chosen a routine you press 'play' and a voice talks you through the exercise by telling you which one your on and counting you through the reps. You can change the speed etc to suit yourself as well. :)

Natalie x
  • SnookiBaby92
    Options
    British Millitary Fitness is great for the personal trainer - excercises to be done outside though....

and also there is a free app, from BUPA but I havent used this yet so unable to pass comment.

Thanks
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    OOo great thread! can't wait to hear more! I have runkeeper and myfitnesspal but that's about it. I'll be checking out all the ones mentioned above, thanks guys and gals :D
  • niclagi
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have already downloaded a couple to try out.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Strength:

Fitness Pro
    You Are Your Own Gym
    FitDeck Bodyweight
    Lolo Apps - Boot Camp, Easy Legs, Easy Arms, Easy Abs

Running:
    iSmoothRun

Music:
    Trailmix
    Tempo Magic

I'm going to reward myself with "Run, Zombies!" when I finish my half marathon. I'm currently trying out various Pilates apps as well. I'd like to find some good Yoga and Pilates apps like the Lolo apps.
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hi!

i am kinda addicted to the lolo apps.

i have the lolofit abs, arms, legs, yoga, and boot camp apps and they work really well for me. i love love them.

because i have so much room for improvement i find it hard to stay motivated throughout a routine, so being able to just press play and follow the instructions for 10 mins is really helpful. it tends to remove the need for will power and the seemingly continuous battle i might do with my mind when it wants me to take "breaks".

i also have the running, cycling, and elliptical lolo apps, but i don't use them very much because i usually spend my cardio time doing a marathon training routine.

oh! and i also use the 100 pushups app. but i only do half pushups so far. hopefully i'll get through 100 half pushups and be able to do a few regular ones like a grow up. hah ....................and then start the program again.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper (free) and ismoothrun costs a couple of £'s but is well worth it!