Strawberry protein drinks/smoothy ideas please

Options
Hi everyone, I have a tub of USN Protein - strawberry flavour. I don't get on very well at all with just mixing with water or semi skimmed milk and just can't stomach the taste :noway: I wonder if any of you smoothy lovers can give me any pointers with what to mix it with to make a yummy smoothy or even anything else I can add it into to get my protein intake up but still taste okay.

Many many thanks! :smile:

Replies

• em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    im the same, i find strawberry can be a bit sickly on its own!

Im having a shake later today with strawberry powder, milk and a frozen banana, it comes out just like a mcdonalds shake and the banana cancels out the strawberry flavour a bit :-)

you could go the other way with it too and rather than going for icecream shake like, you could add ice, water and lots of frozen berries for a summer fruit type smoothie!
  • StephySands
    Options
    Have you ever tried almond milk? I LOVE it and you can get it in chocolate too. I mix frozen strawberries and bananas or if I use chocolate I use frozen cherries, a little bit of cocoa powder and strawberries.......YUMMY :happy:
  • Mylarose001
    Options
    I stumbled across this website for an eatery yesterday when I was trying to find some homemade protein bar recipes. I don't know if this will be of much use as there are no measurements, but the idea of ingredients sounds delicious. I would just eye ball it into a single serving portion...

http://www.proteinbarchicago.com/franklin--amp--adams-menu-1.php
  • farahsaleem
    farahsaleem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Add a banana and a tbs of honey with some ice and milk and blend..... yummmyyy
  • soonernick
    soonernick Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like Gaspari myofusion probiotic strawberry & cream, with some clear fiber supplement and crystal light strawberry energy for my morning caffeine fix.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    you can add to it the following and make a shake in your blender:
    1/2 cup cottage cheese or greek yogurt
    some sweetener of your choice (stevia, truvia, etc...)
    water or almond milk 1/2 - 1 cup depending on the thickness you want
    1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
    some ice cubes
    Mix it all up and enjoy :)
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My pre workout shakes usually consist of something like this (I got unflavored whey powder that I absolutely hate with just water, ugh never again lol):

1/2 cup skim milk
    1 sugar free strawberry yogurt
    1/2 cup unweetened frozen strawberries or mixed berries
    ice cubes
    1 scoop whey
    1 packet stevia
  • roodledoodle
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions - will get in the kitchen with my ingredients and blender and experiment! :happy:
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried almond milk? I LOVE it and you can get it in chocolate too. I mix frozen strawberries and bananas or if I use chocolate I use frozen cherries, a little bit of cocoa powder and strawberries.......YUMMY :happy:

holy crap, that sounds amazeballs. I love almond milk so I believe I will be adding chocolate almond milk to my grocery list!