Having to Fart on the elliptical machine??

Options
Am I the only one that tends to have gas right in the middle of my workout on these damn machines?

Replies

• iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because you're working all that poo down. I usually get on a machine, get into a groove, and immediately have to pee. Really puts a damper in the workout.
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    BAAAAAH!! I KNOW!!!!
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    LOL I hate those wobbly boards / vibrating plate things - never liked how they made my butt itchy!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because you're working all that poo down. I usually get on a machine, get into a groove, and immediately have to pee. Really puts a damper in the workout.

Me too! But the elliptical in my enemy. As soon as I get on the treadmill though, I have to pee. Doesn't matter if I just peed ten minutes ago, I still have to.
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    LOL...:laugh: I have NEVER had this problem....I hope I never do. I think if it ever happened to me I would be so embarrassed I wouldn't show my face at the gym!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Me too! But the elliptical in my enemy. As soon as I get on the treadmill though, I have to pee. Doesn't matter if I just peed ten minutes ago, I still have to.

THANK GOD. I was thinking I was the only one that has to pee the second I get on a machine. I hate the looks I get when I step up to get on the elliptical or treadmill and BAM, have to step right back off. :laugh:
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too. It seems that exercise tends to get things moving in the intestines. My son says let it loose nobody will ever know. : }
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Only if I eat bean soup prior to working out.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I usually get on a machine, get into a groove, and immediately have to pee. Really puts a damper in the workout.

This is me! And the gas usually happens during crunches, which sucks because I usually end up laughing!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Similar problem, I workout 1st thing in the morning and I need to use the head 3 times before I am done. It's like clockwork?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Any exercise will push gas through the intestines.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I fart all the time when I work out. When I went to the gym, I used to feel horrible for the people next to me.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. Just... try to hop off and fart on your way to the water fountain, out of courtesy to anyone next to you. lol.

Being a spinning instructor has its perks... I am up in front of the class, the music is loud, and I'm nowhere near anyone else, so I am pretty sure my fart stink stays localized around me. I should have my friend Heather sit up front one day after black bean soup for lunch and find out if I'm right... hmmmmm.
  • NPS1985
    NPS1985 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I fart all the time when I work out. When I went to the gym, I used to feel horrible for the people next to me.

LOL:laugh: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES, Sometimes I feel the same way!!!!!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    only had it happen once, it was awful!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    TMI....but it's normal.

:flowerforyou:
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Every time I get on the treadmill the gas builds up in the middle of a good run. Most efforts to hold it in are futile.
  • jjsmith4006
    Options
    Happens to me too. I just make sure the fan is blowing at me from the front! :laugh:
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    :blushing:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, squats are killer for me.