How on earth did this happen?

Options
I started to change my eating habits the first of the year, planned on exercising etc but I have no self control and around febuary fell back into bad eating habits and no exercise, but somehow I have still been losing weight in these months after, Im wondering HOW? I have been doing nothing differently than when my weight had been incrseing before january and for the past two weeks ive remained the same weight of 211lbs meaning I lost 19lbs.

Im just very confused, I mean I have done nothing to lose weight yet looks like my weight is now 211lbs.... Im young but it cant be that simple, something must be up, right?
I feel as though I havnt worked for it and have cheated.
Does anyone know of anything like this?

Replies

• idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    I am not sure howit happened to you,but congratulations on the weigh loss!!
  • beckymustloseweight
    Options
    heh well thanks. Im not complaining!!
  • gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well..I think I would take it as great motivation! Your body may just be ready to lose weight! Just think, if you did good not really trying, what would happen if you really tried?!?!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    ????

bit confused. . . you don't have to exercise to lose weight, it's good for fitness and overall health. but essentially all you need is a calorie deficit
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    are you sure youve been eating just as bad as before? I find even when I fall off the wagon now that I've gotten a lot healthier (and I fell hard for almost a year and gained back all 12 pounds i had lost) for the most part I ate a heck of a lot healthier than I did before just with occasional binges and slightly larger than diet portions. Also if you were working out before you relapsed you built up some lean muscle which helps increase your metabolism, not a lot but a little.

OR it could be that you've lost some of the muscle that you had gained working out without replacing it with an equal amount of fat? either way your scale is going down, dont argue with it, help it out! get back on the wagon and keep it up :)
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    depending on your eating and exercise habits prior to january, you may have done enough work in a month to recharge your metabolism. inactivity and poor eating will suppress it and changes in diet will "stoke the fire" so to speak :0) here's the deal...take advantage of it NOW and get back on track TODAY! you've lost 19lbs! don't let your old habits keep you from reaching your goal. start right now by choosing wisely at your next meal and go take a walk today!
    best wishes to you on your journey!
  • charliedavisxxx
    charliedavisxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Maybe just the act of logging your food and getting used to the idea of how much certain foods had in them subliminally satopped you from eating them as much.

You might have thought you were eating the same as you were but having logged for a bit it made you more 'mindful' of food rather than before when you may have been eating without 'noticing' how much and what it was in terms of calories....

I don't know! Judt a suggestion! either way i envy you! haha. best of luck, lovelove xx
  • billdavismqt
    billdavismqt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm being a big wet blanket here but this is from my experience. Please have a check up with your doctor to make sure that you do not have type 2 diabetes. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago and am doing very well with controlling it with diet and exercise. One of my symptoms that I missed was an unexplained weight loss. I had lots of other symptoms as well but I didn't understand their significance at the time. Good luck on your weight loss journey. I hope that it does not turn out that you have diabetes but urge you to look at it just to make sure.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I agree with BillDavis - if you really have been doing exactly the same, it probably is worth getting things checked out with your Doctor.
    Having said that, in August I lost 19lbs and I thought I was eating just as badly as I had been before but in hindsight I hadn't been. (I had come off medication and hadn't even recognised that my appetite had reduced)
    x
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    just another thought but, are you using the same scale?