Having to Fart on the elliptical machine??

Options

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Much worse when I am squatting or doing deadlifts....
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

took the words right out of my mouth
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Anyone else burp like crazy when they work out?
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    you should not eat prior of a work out , you do afterwards
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

If anyone around you complains, just tell them you're breaking in a new turbocharger. :)
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've been told yoga classes are pretty bad, too. :laugh:
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because you're working all that poo down. I usually get on a machine, get into a groove, and immediately have to pee. Really puts a damper in the workout.

HAHA me too. My damn bladder is the size of a walnut!
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    The real question that comes to mind is why. Why? How does cardiovascular excercise affect your intestinal health. There seems to be a direct connection. I wonder if there is a rush of arterial blood into that area that causes it to move or something like that or is it the motion of the abdominal muscles. I have the same experience. After I jog on the treadmill, it is time for a #2. Have wondered about it for years.
  • marcusscott45
    marcusscott45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All of you are too funny!!! It may be a serious problem but is sure worth a good laugh.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Eh, I get this when I am on an intense bike ride... helps me get up the hills a bit faster. :P
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If anyone say's they don't do it, they are lying. It all has to do with movement. The more you move the more your gut moves. So it is perfectly normal to fart while working out.
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Now that you mention it...YES, when I'm running on the treadmill. Also I get terrible case of heartburn:sad:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    The real question that comes to mind is why. Why? How does cardiovascular excercise affect your intestinal health. There seems to be a direct connection. I wonder if there is a rush of arterial blood into that area that causes it to move or something like that or is it the motion of the abdominal muscles. I have the same experience. After I jog on the treadmill, it is time for a #2. Have wondered about it for years.

Increased movement increases parastalsis (the movement of the intestine). Thus the reason it is so important to get up and move. Exercise increases everything. You think better, you pee more and you poop more. It is all inter-related. The faster you move, the faster your gut moves. That is why you have to go poop after your jog. It is a great thing.

Also, if you think about it, most people who are sendentary, have chronic constipation.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Haha!! My gas seems to hit me (or the poor person behind me) during sit ups or crunches at boot camp. Thank goodness for the music thats playing...
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

only if I'm drinking beer during the workout! bahahahahaha!
  • jld5227
    jld5227 Posts: 2
    Options
    I turn the IPOD up and hope for the best
  • cyndist
    cyndist Posts: 43
    Options
    My husband always says he's burning calories as he's running and passes gas.
    Okay works for me if it works for you =)
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not at all. lmao! It happens to the best of us.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    LMAO. my girlfriend stays away from me on the elliptical. I tend to use it 30-60 min after dinner and its non-stop farts. I used to feel bad.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    you should not eat prior of a work out , you do afterwards

But if I work out in the evening, does that mean I shouldn't eat until after i work out? I'm confused?