I'm not on a diet, I'm on a Lifestyle Change!

Options
2»

Replies

• beachbumant_man
    beachbumant_man Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thats how it suppose to b! diets dont change anything!
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    yep! If you constantly tell yourself it's a diet, it seems harder to focus and really reach your goals... So to me, i say its a lifestyle chage... This is the way i want to contiue to be and make eating healthy and exercise a part of my everyday life... not just for "2 weeks' or so :)

I see it the same way, it actually bothers me when people ask me what diet i have been on for the past year +...THIS IS NOT A DIET to me this is a life style change which i plan to continue the rest of my life. I think it is hard for some people to understand this but that is their problem :wink:
  • islandpwp
    islandpwp Posts: 32
    Options
    too right, diet are short term.
    good luck to everyone making healthier choices, it didnt go on in 2 months, small changes = big results long term
  • Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Options
    I agree - it was my old lifestyle that put the weight on so my new lifestyle will get rid of it and keep it off for good - I'll have some 'bad' days along the way but so long as the good days outweigh (pardon the pun) the bad I'll get there :smile:
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I absolutely HATE when people say "So, how's your diet going". It makes me cringe. Mainly because "diets" don't work and you gain the weight back. I'm in this for the long haul, so it's definitely a life style change.
  • lillina12
    Options
    I love this attitude! I'm back after slipping back into some bad habits and regaining weight. This is the first topic I saw and it's exactly what I was telling myself. So my new resolutions:

1. Track everything, even if I keep it secret from my husband (that just shows how bad it got)
    2. Weigh in regularly to keep real about my progress.
    3. Eat what works for me.
    4. Do some kind of exercise every day.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am not on a diet, I am changing my life :smile:

When I hear the word "diet", I think fad, punishment, not getting fit, quick fix, unhealthy etc... that's not me. I'm getting healthy, and I've just stopped eating bread :laugh:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • mbcan316
    mbcan316 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!! I just recently stopped the "dieting" madness & have changed over to a more committed healthy eating lifestyle. I am also committing myself to getting more exercise everyday! I have back issues due to degenerative discs & the extra weight just makes the pain worse. I HAVE to make a permanent change so that I can enjoy life more. :)
  • Roguecircuit75
    Roguecircuit75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello hello, back again. . . and YES this is a lifestyle change! I hope to get to my goal slowly and surely to lose it and keep it off. Fad diets have worked for me in the past, but the weight just came back on. I am getting to the gym 3-4 times a week doing at least 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weights, and I'm running a 5K at the end of April - yay! But YES - lifestyle change all the way!! Reading all of your posts is motivating, thank you! :)
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love this, so true. Feel free to add me.
  • scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed the title of this post as it caught my eye. Great attitude!
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    great view!:drinker:
  • jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That's the only way it works!
  • DianaLynn2
    Options
    It has to be a lifestyle change... otherwise we go back up and more even...I know I am 40 5'3" and I weigh more than I did when I went into labor with my middle child and I was on strict bed rest !! I can not go back to eating unhealthy all of the time... and if it is a problem for me to just have unhealthy things once in a blue moon I will just not have them ! I am a grandma now and I see my 21 year old daughter getting bigger too . I want to show her it does not have to be that way. I am bigger than my mom and she has struggled for many many years . I was always the shortest and skinniest one out of my friends and now I am the shortest fattest one! :smile:
  • Ginny_Hami
    Options
    Well said ;)
  • Jbadiam
    Jbadiam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is great.. I love your attitude ! I say.... " I am not dieting I am modifying my eating habits"
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    It makes me so crazy when people say, "wow, you look great!" (lol well I like that part, obviously) "What diet are you on?"
    I just say, "It's called eating healthy, and not eating just junk." the response is always, "Oh." like they never heard of that.
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have been back to using MFP for about a month or so now. I really saw results last year when I was dedicated but that dwindled after just a few months. This time around I am looking for others like me to help keep each other motivated, love what you said about this being a lifestyle change and not a diet (I don't do well with diets, like to enjoy what I eat just everything in moderation!). I am an avid runner with the best running partner, my oh so cute hubby , I love playing with my puppies and I work out to eat because I love food and beer haa (see really wouldnt do well with a diet haa). I am trying to drop these last 5-10lbs and tone up for a nice long and lean look. Please feel free to add me and best of luck to all in their fitness goals!