MFP is a dream come true!

Hi! My name is Sally. I'm 31, an optician and a nursing student. I like movies (go see Cabin in the Woods..seriously, you won't regret it), books (Neil Gaiman...MFK? Damn you, Amanda Palmer!), and sleeping, but mostly just because I don't get enough of it.

I've tried WeightWatchers, SparkPeople, Atkins, pills, not eating, and probably other weight loss methods that I can't remember. MFP is the first thing I've found that flexible, scientifically sound, and easy to use. Really...not spending an hour keying in my breakfast? Brilliant.

I've got a long way to go and I'd really like to connect with other people who have similar goals. So, if you're a young but not so young anymore geek with 100 pounds to lose and no idea where you're going to find the time to go to the gym, HIT ME UP. You can also hit me up if you do not fit within those parameters. ;)

Replies

• vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    I'm trying to lose 30lbs, but feel free to add me if you are looking for support, I'm on everyday, and share all of my entries; good and bad

I accept all friend requests!
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    I agree MFP is awesome! I am almost at my goal now, but MFP is the only thing that has worked for me. I had been trying to lose weight from my first baby. Oh, by the way he's 12 now! LOL Feel free to add me. Good Luck!
  • CrazyMidget611
    CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
    I'm turning 30 in June...so I'm def in that "Youngish, but not THAT young" phase...ugh, 30 is going to HURT!
    I have about 45lbs more to lose, so friend me if you'd like!
  • Welcome to MFP Sally! Been here 6 weeks myself and love it, quick, easy, and FREE. You won't believe how addicted you'll become. When I did WW, I had the worst time recording things I ate, here, it's easy. I do recommend downloading the app for your phone if you can, the bar code scanner is amazing, saves a lot of time. I wish you all the best on your journey, I can safely say MFP is a great tool and will make a big difference! Will add you to help each other with accountability and motivational mojo!
  • thomo71
    thomo71 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi Sally totally agree.
    I'm back to work tomorrow after 6 months maternity leave, it's just taken me 8 minutes to key in my food and exercise for tomorrow so I can plan ahead. Superb!!I love MFP, best thing I've ever tried, 'cos they save all your food on the database and it becomes a lifestyle change for the better and for the long term, not just the next ten weeks...:smile:
    When I tried ww I went home and cried for putting on half a pound!! I hate being told what to eat. With this you can build up your own plan and eat the foods you enjoy.