low cal dessert?

Options
im trying to beat the bad habit of dessert.. any suggestions? low cal desserts? or how to distract myself from the chocolate ice cream in the freezer >"<

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I eat the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches or treats, or Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars. They satisfy that ice cream/chocolate craving.
  • krjones33
    krjones33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make fruit seasonal fruit crisp topped with a nutty, low cal cereal...sauté fruit and sweeten to taste. Edy's slow churn, an all time favorite.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    don't buy the ice cream to put in your freezer! :)

Personally, I have fallen in love with chocolate chip granola bars -- the Fiber Plus ones. I think they are about 120 cals of pure deliciousness! :) Or even dark chocolate! I can only handle one little square which runs me about 57 calories, I think and it hits the sweet tooth
  • t61wathern
    t61wathern Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find small meringue nests ( only 50 cals) crumbled up with low fat yoghurt and fresh fruit helps!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Try a fruit salad (1 cup) with lots of berries with a few dark chocolate chips topped with cool whip. Or my favorite is sugar free jello with cool whip, which is only about 40 calories and delicious.
  • KailaJordan
    Options
    I find small meringue nests ( only 50 cals) crumbled up with low fat yoghurt and fresh fruit helps!

completely agree! my favourite. :)
  • terryakii
    terryakii Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    meringue's are only 50cal??? wow thanks for all the suggestions guys! my parents buy ice cream and whenever i see it in the freezer i can't help myself!
  • RaysFan80
    RaysFan80 Posts: 27
    Options
    These are like little "ice cream" sandwiches. I used to eat them a lot when I did weight watchers!

Break a graham cracker sheet in half
    Place on one half of the cracker a tbsp of cool whip and top with another cracker.
    Press lightly. place in freezer until ready to be eaten.

I made them in batches and laid them out on a cookie sheet to put in the freezer to set. Then I would put them in zip loc bags in the freezer to have on hand when the sweet tooth would rear its ugly head!

Depending on the kind of graham crackers and whether you're using fat free or sugar free cool whip, they range from 70-80 calories. Sometimes I like to use the chocolate graham crackers...yum! :D
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. I am going to try these.