Discouraged

Options
I'm pretty discouraged. My boyfriend realized today our scale hasn't been calibrated. I thought I'd lost about 4 pounds in the past 3 weeks, but it looks like I've lost .2 pounds. Granted, this was with my gym clothes and after meals. I thought I'd been doing better :(

Replies

• crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    On the bright side of things you still had a loss! I bet your clothes are still fitting better! Keep going!!
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I thought I had lost 15 pounds in three weeks, but the scale was up against the wall. When I moved it out, I had only lost 7. (which is still great, but at that point, I was so disappointed!) I decided to keep sticking to it, and it has paid off! Don't get down, Just keep working at it. It will come off!
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    What she said ... Also, bear in mind, that if your scale wasn't calibrated before you weighed in previously, then it was likely in the same condition when you weighed in most recently. All in all, a loss is a loss. Good job and keep going!
  • tcanning_17
    Options
    like some one said earlier you still lost and it doesn't matter the number it matters how you feel!!! :) keep going soon you'll see the scale go down 4 lbs for real!!
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    Dont fret it. As has been pointed out, if the scale was out before and out now, it will still show the same loss, just the number it stops at will be out, but its all a loss. Dont get discouraged and dont rely on scales too much. Measurements are way better
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters! :) Just keep going, don't let the scale be your only measure of success!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    wait.... just because the scale hadn't been calibrated, doesn't mean you didn't lose, right? it might mean you were a little heavier than you thought you were at the start, but a pound is a pound and you have lost whatever your highest weight was on the uncalibrated scale minus your lowest weight.

am i right, or am i misunderstanding what calibration involves. it just means 'zero=zero', right?
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty discouraged. My boyfriend realized today our scale hasn't been calibrated. I thought I'd lost about 4 pounds in the past 3 weeks, but it looks like I've lost .2 pounds. Granted, this was with my gym clothes and after meals. I thought I'd been doing better :(
    I've heard that the best time to weigh yourself is you wake up, go to the bathroom (pee) and then weigh yourself naked. Pick one day a week and don't check more than that. Mine is Monday mornings.
  • NicoleZ1515
    NicoleZ1515 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think the scale was fine after all b/c this morning I used my old one as well, after calibrating, and they were within .2 of each other. So last nights panic was useless. Thanks for the support and tips! Im glad I joined fitness pal!