Tired of being fat.

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Sheilah and I am 26 years old and from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
I am currently at 231 (have already lost 9 pounds thanks to MFP) and I hope to get down
to at least 180, but I'd love to be down to 165.

I am married and my husband and I have two kiddos..
Brayden is our soccer star and he is 4.. Avery is our little princess and she will be 2 in June.

I am just tired of being fat. I am not doing the World any justice by being as funny as I am and being fat. Children learn by their examples and becoming fat is not an example I want my children to see or to learn from me.

I am ready to get this nasty lard off of my body so the hot and skinny Sheilah can shine! I'd love for people to add me who are great at offering motivation and I will gladly return the favor. I hope to meet new friends with the same goal.

Replies

• jbsangel
    jbsangel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Children learn by their examples and becoming fat is not an example I want my children to see or to learn from me.

I believe this too. My husband is also good and big and is pretty complacent and accepting of his weight. He loses weight when I am doing well with preparing healthy and weight conscious meals, but that's only 1 of his 2-3 meals a day. He says, "Our kids will eat healthy because they will eat what we make them eat and we don't have to feed them what we eat."

Hmm, sounds so simple, except for the part where we need to develop good eating habits if we are going to pass those habits to our kids.

I don't think it's a good idea for us to eat whatever we want and tell our kids to eat something else. Plus we need to be cooking this healthy food that he thinks we can feed to our kids while we eat something else.

Not sure how to convince him or make him care, but I do know what I can do for myself to help make sure I at least know how to set an example for them. That's part of why I am on this site now.

Here's to rediscovering our skinnier selves!
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    That's a problem I am having with my husband...
    He walks with me and the kids at night, but that isn't enough.
    He is up to 294 and used to play football so he knows what he needs to do to lose weight
    but it's like he just doesn't care :(
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Welcome on board. Keep up the great work you are doing:smile:
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hey Sheilah! I live in Edmond and work in Midwest City (well i'm starting a job in midwest city in a week)! I had a baby January 4th and I am trying to get all this baby weight off!
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Lots of people fall into this rut. You can't worry about him now. You're on the right path and if you keep it up, I'm pretty confident you'll motivate him eventually by your changes! This site is great and you'll get plenty of support here! Don't give up! Add me if you want =] I've got two kids and have married for 21 years. When I submerged myself in this site and made changes REGARDLESS of his whining, when I started feeling better, happier, WORTHY of taking care of myself - he jumped right on board. Hes already lost 20lbs! He's feeling like his younger self and we both love it!
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    Way to hit that nail on the head, girl. :)
  • ccguillory
    ccguillory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I understand.. Don't give up we will lose weight together and motivate our husbands you'll see.. They will start moving when the their hot wives start losing weight and being healthy. :)
  • kezzafitmum73
    Options
    hello im looking for mfp friends to support me and help support other mfp friends along my weightloss journey, would you like to add me?
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am at 182 lbs and I want to get to 160 lbs. My husband isn't into exercising either. He loves junk food and is at 210.
  • aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I so wish that my husband would eat healthy too!! He is rail skinny and always has been -sigh-. I just keep telling myself that this isn't for him, it's for me!! I need to take care of myself so I can be there for him and the kids. Just take care of yourself and the rest will follow.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I used to have a problem with weight. I'd always have a reason for it, but it was never really my own when I wanted to lose it. It was always for someone else (a guy, to impress my friends, usually reasons like that.), but not this time. This time it's for ME ALONE!!! I was always trying to lose weight for the wrong reason, always trying to impress someone. I have epilepsy. One slip-up with the seizures on the exercise regime while try to lose the weight? KABLAAM!!! Over. Not anymore. This time, I'm not letting ANYTHING get in the way of my weight loss. I lost 40 pounds since September 2010, and I'm still standing!!! I need help getting the next off, and that's why I'm here. Everyone gets tired of being fat. Hell, I'M TIRED of being fat. But taking it one step at a time, day by day, is what it's all about, right? Jennifer
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    Yes ma'am, that is what it is all about.
    :) I just have to remind myself that it took me longer than a day to get this way and it's going to take me longer than a day to get it off.
  • darkchocolate_78
    Options
    Hi I'm Tasha and I know some things you could do to lose weight because I have. I'm not done yet. I have 36 more pounds to come off but I've lost well! I'm sure we all have great tips on how to lose weight that's we all are doing so well. Everyone needs encouragement to move forward. I started at 236 and now I'm down to 196 so it can be done. Eat as clean as possible and do some cardio and some strength training and you'll be fine. And also don't forget to log everything you eat because it's helps me a lot.
  • wrgrigg
    wrgrigg Posts: 3
    Options
    I feel your pain! I was 250 in September and I am now 230. I still have a long way to go to reach my goal weight of 150. This weightloss journey is the hardest thing I have ever done. With a husband and 4 kids and a full time job, I struggle to find time to exercise. I can manage to eat right at work but once I get home it is a different story. My husband is a delivery driver so he gets plenty of cardio exercise during the day so he doesn't worry about what he eats. I on the other hand, sit at a desk all day. It seems like I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds. The weekends are the hardest for me.
  • leolin6
    leolin6 Posts: 57
    Options
    Do it for the big picture, your health later down the road might be effected by the weight. The visual aspect makes it rewarding when you look better and of course the physically and mental aspects of feeling better are great too, but knowing that this will probably help you live longer is something to think about as well. Good luck and keep on losing!! :)
  • wrgrigg
    wrgrigg Posts: 3
    Options
    I am in a rut now and can't seem to get focused. I having been trying really hard to eat right and stay within 1200 calories. I have been exercising 3-4 times a week by running/jogging 2 miles at a time. I do all this and the scale stays the same. I get frustrated so I binge. Usually on the weekend. I decided that one soda won't hurt or the french fries will be okay. I am ready to lose the weight but can't seem to find what works best. HELP!