Planks

Options
We do a TON of plank work in the classes I take. I feel like my arms get more sore than my abs. Of course, I still feel the burn in my abs, but I swear my arms kill me more. Normal? Or do I have poor form?

Replies

• babyblues31
    babyblues31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of plank work in the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 dvd that I do and I would agree with you! At least at this point, my arms get more sore, tired faster than my abs. And yes, I can feel the burn in my abs too.
  • mizzoulaxgirl26
    mizzoulaxgirl26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'd say normal you are holding up body weight with your arms. Just keep pulling your abs in!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Normal. Arms/shoulders would get sore. Make sure that your back is absolutely flat, and your core is getting a workout too.
  • SUSIE091
    SUSIE091 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    good thread this was wondering the same :) as same happens to me !!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The instructors are usually pretty tough, so I figured if I did have poor form they'd point it out, but wanted to get other opinions.
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    and that is why I hate planks! I have a bad shoulder and it irritates the injury.
    I try to power through them in my JM Day Shred though. Keep pulling those abs in and I bet the stronger your core gets, the less your arms will hurt. At least that is what I keep telling myself. lol