Travel Breakfast Suggestions?

Options
Nicoleo1
Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
Anyone have any suggestions for me? i"m going to be away for 5 days and eating breakfast on the go. I have a hotel fridge and a coffee maker available to me. I would like to try to keep it low carb... I am not a big fan of yogurt. I was hoping for a bar suggestion that is available at Target (Walking distance to the hotel)

Replies

• krose21987
    krose21987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Target has really good bars, I'm not sure on the carb value though. But they have an assortment in the Archer Farms segment. Also, they have the Breakfast on the Go packs. I think Emerald's may have came out with them. They are pretty good and around 150-200 calories a pack. Quick and simple.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Muffin and a latte
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Atkins bars literally taste like candy... they are kind of pricey though and have about 9g of fat per bar... so that could be a factor too. But they are low carb and high protein
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    The 7/11 (quicky mart) by my house sells hard boiled eggs. I've been stopping on the way to work everyday and picking up a couple of those plus a fresh piece of fruit. Maybe you'll have one near you.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Yes:))
  • Reikofs
    Reikofs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What about protein shakes? U can get light muscle milk containers and put them in the fridge. I like the hard boiled egg idea too. Cottage cheese and fresh berries would be a nice combo. You can even get low carb bread and some peanut butter.
  • boltsfan704
    Options
    The 7/11 (quicky mart) by my house sells hard boiled eggs. I've been stopping on the way to work everyday and picking up a couple of those plus a fresh piece of fruit. Maybe you'll have one near you.

Good idea! I boil 6 eggs on Sunday so I can have them for the week. Maybe she can keep some in her mini-fridge.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I eat Lara bars and Kind bars (available at Target) because they are gluten-free, but my husband likes the yogurt peanut Balance bar. Also, have you considered an Egg Mcmuffin from McDonalds one day? They are only 300ish calories, so not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Also, If your hotel has a breakfast, grab a piece of fruit, oatmeal or sometimes they have bard boiled eggs.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    When I travel for work I rely heavily on Starbuck's protein plates. They are 300-something calories and are fantastic for breakfast at a hotel or lunch while running through an airport. In them is a hard boiled egg, natural peanut butter and apple slices, cheese, etc.
  • Nicoleo1
    Options

MMMMMM! A man after my own heart! No lattes in the hotel. =(
  • Nicoleo1
    Options
    Fantastic ideas everyone! I am going to look for these things at Target and shop shop shop!
    Thank-you! Hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Available at Walmart but not sure about Target: Supreme Protein Carb Conscious bars. I like the pretzel twist.