Replies

• PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wowmom23
    wowmom23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bought the NOW brand of 7-Keto and tried it for 3 days. It made me SO TIRED and freakishly unmotivated that I had to stop. It was a bit scary. Good luck!
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I must admit, Dr. Oz is getting real annoying with all his magical weight loss secrets! Pul-leeze!

I do take a B complex, and that's supposed to help your metabilism. But other than that, I think all those pills are just a way for companies to make money! imo
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Don't waste money on costly supplements that tout 'magical' fat burning properties...I know a sure fire proven way to burn fat. It's called exercise and it's free.

^^^ love ur answer

ME TOO!
    [/quote]

:bigsmile:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I sometimes think that Dr. Oz just promotes certain products too, but I honestly believe he is a good hearted person who wants to give advice to millions of women who are searching for a solution and want to learn more about their bodies.

One reason health professionals become quacks.

The prophet motive. Just as Old Testament prophets called for conversion and repentance, doctors have to "convert" patients away from smoking, obesity, stress, alcohol and other indulgences [6]. As prognosticators, doctors foretell what is going to happen if patients don't change their way of life. The prophet role provides power over people. Some doctors consciously avoid it. They encourage patients to be self-reliant rather than dependent, but in doing so they may fail to meet important emotional needs. Quacks, on the other hand, revel in, encourage, and exploit this power. Egomania is commonly found among quacks. They enjoy the adulation and discipleship their pretense of superiority evokes.
  • utcalgirl
    utcalgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I try to add foods into my diet that are proven to support weight loss. I don't take pills. It seems like a new pill is all the rage and then you find out a year later it causes some health problem. Add foods to your diet like sunflower seeds, avocados, foods high in fiber, etc. There was a good article on yahoo yesterday http://shine.yahoo.com/vitality/25-ways-flatten-belly-summer-182700093.html

Good luck!
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    snake-oil.jpg
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Pick up something with some actual health benefits if you want some supplements. I use the Bragg organic vinegar and some coconut oil on most days. But not because it has miracle belly-fat removal properties...because I like em ;)
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Pick up something with some actual health benefits if you want some supplements. I use the Bragg organic vinegar and some coconut oil on most days. But not because it has miracle belly-fat removal properties...because I like em ;)

Bragg Apple Cider vinegar FTW
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    One word. Scam.

You want to burn fat? Intermittent fasting. When there is no food in your system, your body has no choice but to use what is already there.
  • kheath166
    Options
    well said
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Yumm. Bragg apple cider vinegar is amazing on salads. I even found Eden Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. It's unfiltered, naturally fermented, aged in wood and contains Mother (the best part of the vinegar - the cloudiness that gets filtered out).
    And coconut oil is just yum. I could eat that by the spoonful.

I eat more fat than anything else and I fight to maintain my weight. It keeps wanting to drop and 108 is low enough for me!!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    No matter how many times I look at it...I still read #3 as "Foreskin". <shudder>

ME TOO! hahaha, thought I was trippin!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I must admit, Dr. Oz is getting real annoying with all his magical weight loss secrets! Pul-leeze!

I do take a B complex, and that's supposed to help your metabilism. But other than that, I think all those pills are just a way for companies to make money! imo

I take B12 in liquid form. I do it for energy, but I also am B12 deficient.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    No matter how many times I look at it...I still read #3 as "Foreskin". <shudder>

OMGosh I am so glad I am not the only one...LOL
  • Mgrogers09
    Mgrogers09 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I take OxyElite Pro- got caffiene and thermogenic fat burner's in it...just lets me burn a few more calories during my workouts by raising my HR and it has an appetite suppressant in it as well. As long as you cycle it correctly it works wonders- and I have lost fat quickly and developed much healthier eating habits....to each their own
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I actually DO take a foreskin supplement.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching Dr. Oz a long time ago. This is about as funny as, Exercise in a Bottle,I saw that once!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If it were as easy as taking a couple of pills to get the bodies we want, then everyone would have great bodies. Eat right, exercise, and you'll likely get the results you want.
  • 8kidsmom
    8kidsmom Posts: 40
    Options
    Simple answer: Are you going to take these pills for the rest of your life? No? Then don't bother.

exactly this