Support needed!!!

Options
My name is Amanda. I am 29 years old and this is the heaviest I have ever weighed in my life. I currently weight 234. we have two children 9 and 5 and I just need to get into the habit of watching what I eat and making my portions less. I try and walk 5-6 times a night for a good 45 minutes. I do not have access to exercise equipment nor can I afford a gym membership. It is very hard for me to stay focused and have the motivation to walk in the evening. I guess I am just introducing myself. Anyone else have the same problem please give me any advice that you have.... I am tired of looking the way I do and ready to be my old self again!!

Replies

• jt0507
    jt0507 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

Sounds like you are on the right path! Just make sure you keep your eye on the goal.
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am also 29. I hate working out sooo much! I bought myself a Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I have to make myself work out with it every morning, taking weekends off. I go walking everyday, even if it's just for 20 minutes. If I can do this, YOU can do this! :wink:
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

This is a great place to start. I have learned you do not need a gym membership to exercise. But keep in mind weight loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise. Every bite you take...counts. YouTube has great exercises you can look up and try at home. You don't need a gym to do squats, lunges, sit-ups, push-ups, sometimes you can even find whole exercise routines on YouTube. Even surf around this site and you can find great tips, help and support. Good Luck to you!
  • arivera1982
    Options
    Thanks its just soo hard to stay focused and I am usually good for about a couple weeks then fall off track.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    You're definitely off to a good start. Have you considered a workout DVD?
  • arivera1982
    Options
    Thanks so much for the inspiration its nice to have other women who understand.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks its just soo hard to stay focused and I am usually good for about a couple weeks then fall off track.

That is where this community falls into place, you will make great friends to help keep your hiney on the wagon.
  • arivera1982
    Options
    no because financially I cant afford to buy anything right now so its just basically brisk walking because I have had bladder surgery a few years ago and am not able to jog or run without having to go to the bathroom lol
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I get fabulous aerobic workout cds free from my library. if you have access to one, check them out. Also you can always put on music and dance. Just do fun things, you deserve it and you can do it!
  • chelleybooo
    chelleybooo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well for starters you got the motivation, and sometimes thats all you need is a little bit of that to get started. Using Myfitnesspal Has helped me in so many different ways, weight loss, motivation, and really keeping you on track with what really goes into your body. We have this tool to use and I truely think everyone who is trying to get fit should give this app a honest try. I am 29 years old as well and have come to realize I've always been a bigger girl and didnt want to start my 30's unhealthy and overweight. I wanted to start a fresh chapter in my life without the "BIG girl chip on the shoulder". I recently have lost 40lbs with diet and excersise,and using myfitnesspal religiously and never really realized that's all you really need to get started. I often google motivaltional sayings and quotes and would like to share one of my favorites with you and maybe it can help you like it has me. "I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am". I've re-read that so many times and it helps me keep on track. Also what has helped me the most.. is having a "team". I have a few friends that were in the same postition as me in the terms of losing weight and when I feel like my motivation is slipping I hit them up for them to push me when I need that little push. We even have our own little slogans and sayings like "DO WORK", Cause in my opinion your not gonna see results if you dont do the work, so DO WORK! You on your way to being your old self again.. you just gotta keep believing in yourself!
  • shoeluver67
    shoeluver67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello!! This is a GREAT website for guidance and support. One of my friends told me about a great fitness site called nerdfitness.com There is a workout on there called the "Angry Bird Workout"...no equipment required! It is done entirely using your own body weight...and it's nothing super high impact either. The site is FULL of meals that are healthful, and other workouts you can do in addition to the Angry Bird. Check it out if you get a chance...i did yesterday for the first time and now i'm addicted! Good luck in your journey...just stick with it and believe in yourself! :-)
  • arivera1982
    Options
    When is the best time to weigh yourself?
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The first couple weeks is the hardest! Try to get past the 1st month. The benefits of extra energy, weight loss, stamina and the feeling of pride and accomplishment will come! Find a time of day that you can have completely to yourself for exercise and planning, then don't let anyone steal that time from you. Mine is 5am. I don't regularly work out at 5am, but I keep it available in case I miss my afternoon excersize the day before. Occasionally I will get up at 5a if I ran out of time to plan my food or shopping for the week. It is my time. Not my husbands, not my kids, not chatting on the phone, or running errands. It is time for ME. Time for me to focus on MYSELF. It feels weird at first. But please try it. We women tend to not take the time to focus on ourselves and our well being.
  • jt0507
    jt0507 Posts: 3
    Options
    I would say the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning.