Airforce PT

Options
Last night I decided that I would use the Airforce Physical Test as a gauge of how I am doing. My score was a 66.9 :( Does anyone have any suggestions on how to train to be able to pass the test in 6 weeks? Thanks!

Replies

• cutertwin
    cutertwin Posts: 10
    Options
    bumpity
  • Sondras09
    Sondras09 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Im in the AF and trying to get back in shape after my 3rd baby/3rd C-section. Best advice is to run...alot. and do pushups and situps every hour. Do 10 once an hour and within 6 weeks passing the test will be a breeze.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am Air Force and just passed my PT test with a 92 (female under 30), 7 months after a csection, so I can help with my story.

To improve my pushups and situps, I got an app called 100pushups and 200 situps. I also randomly do them throughout the day, like during commercials or something.

For the mile and a half, I just ran my butt off almost everyday. Some days I only did the mile and a half, some days I did long, slow runs. Some days I did short fast ones. If you aren't a runner, I've heard good things about the Couch to 5K program or other interval training programs.

With all the running, my waist measurement just fell into place. It helps that they tape around the hip bone, because I've still got some tummy flab from the baby going on.

Are you Air Force, or just did the test for fun? If you have acess to a base gym, they usually have a healthy living workshop that has a portion geared to programs to help pass the test.