I am trying Sensa, anyone else tried it?

Options
I am going on vacation next month, and wanted to be able to splurge a little but not go crazy. I thought I would give Sensa a try. Has anyone else tried it?

Replies

• sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My mom was on it and lost about 30 lbs. However, it gave her severe stomach pain, diarrhea, and vomiting. She was sick for months even after she ran out of the stuff. Unfortunately it wasn't until after her exploratory surgery that it was figured out.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    No...but I've seen the infommercials. Looks like a gimmick to me. My advice.....DON'T do it.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    .WORST CLAIM: Sensa weight-loss crystals. The Sensa website states boldly that users can lose an average of 30.5 pounds in six months without dieting, exercise, food restrictions or drastic lifestyle changes—by merely sprinkling these weight-loss crystals on their food. It claims that Sensa has been “clinically proven.” Smell and taste receptors supposedly send the brain messages to tell your body to stop eating. It “activates a hunger-control switch in the brain and you “eat less and feel more satisfied… no feelings of hunger or intense cravings.” Class-action suits have been filed in California and Texas against the marketers of Sensa,developed by Chicago neurologist Alan Hirsch, M.D. and sold by California-based Sensa Products. The California complaint states that (a) there is no competent and reliable scientific evidence to substantiate these claims and (b) an expert who reviewed Sensa's main clinical study judged it “beyond worthless.”

- 2011 Worst weight loss products, http://www.healthyweight.net/fraud.htm.
  • Jaimehathcock
    Jaimehathcock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SSHHHMMMIIIRRR,
    Starting out is the hardest and I want quicker results.
    Not even been a week yet and I am already didscouraged.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU SERIOUS. Don't you think if someone actually invented a magic dust that you could sprinkle on your food and lose weight that obesity would be a thing of the past?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I am going on vacation next month, and wanted to be able to splurge a little but not go crazy. I thought I would give Sensa a try. Has anyone else tried it?

I haven't tried it. Apparently, it is supposed to make you feel satisfied sooner than if you just ate the food alone by increasing your taste and smell. I've seen the commercials and wondered whether it would really work. Would I really feel satisfied after only one slice of pizza. Needless to say, I haven't spent the money to find out.

If I was going to use a weight loss product, it would be Sensa. It (as far as I know) isn't supposed to speed up your metabolism or block your body from absorbing fat/nutrients like other diet supplements. But, to be honest, I'm not going to use a supplement.

If you do use it, let us know how it worked.
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged yet. It takes time. Feel free to add me if you want. I'm logged in everyday and love supporting my MFP pals!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's rubbish. Don't waste your money. A sensible calorie deficit combined with exercise will get results.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    SSHHHMMMIIIRRR,
    Starting out is the hardest and I want quicker results.
    Not even been a week yet and I am already didscouraged.

There are no quick fixes for weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race. Find friends who will support you, proper diet and excercise are the ONLY proven weight loss/maintence systems that work.
  • LilBelieve
    Options
    A friend of mine started using Sensa to lose the last ten pounds. 3 months in, and 10 pounds not gone. That's reason enough for me to stay away. Well, that and the cost. Ouch!

The hardest time for me to stay motivated was when I first started. It just all seemed like too much work, and I figured that my body would never change. Luckily I had a workout body who kept talking me out of my funks. Ever since I started seeing the changes in my body and how my clothes fit, I've had no problems staying motivated. :) So I will tell you what I needed to hear when I was getting discouraged: Hang in there. It gets easier. All the work is worth it. YOU are worth it.
  • bikermike5094
    Options
    Actually, I tried Medifast a year or so ago and does work quick. Kinda pricey and very rigorus but I lost 30 lbs in 30 days. Gained it all back of course because i didnt modify my eating habits and went right back into my old lifestyle but it did work for a quick jump start.
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have heard of people getting sick from it.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a terrible idea.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP I THINK ILL TRY THIS TOO I WOULD LOVE TO DO THE FEEDING TUBE THING BUT TOO EXPENSIVE I COULD DO THIS INSTEAD I LIKE TO SPRINKLE THINGS ON MY FOOD ANYWAY
  • Jaimehathcock
    Jaimehathcock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They are doing a free trial right now.....
    Could it really hurt to try for free???
  • klipster54
    Options
    If here was a quick fix we would all be skinny....I have found that all most weight loss products do is empty your wallet and make you sick.....I went as far as to go on the HCG diet, I lost 30 lbs. in one month and my hair started falling out and my teeth went bad...one of the side effects the Drs. don't tell you about.....After a year I have gained back 50 lbs. The best way is a healthy diet and excersize. Be persistent and get someone to help keep you motivated. It is always easier if you don't have to do it alone.
  • LilBelieve
    Options
    They are doing a free trial right now.....
    Could it really hurt to try for free???

I looked into the "free" trial a while back, and just as a warning, they make it very hard to get. Basically, you can get one free box when you buy a 6-month supply or something. My recommendation is to be patient. This is a lifestyle change. Figure out how to go on vacation and eat with your new lifestyle. You will have to make adjustments, but that's what this journey is all about. I just got back from vacation myself. It's possible, I promise.
  • bikermike5094
    Options
    Hmm... something is starting to smell like a troll in here...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    troll???
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    My mom was on it and lost about 30 lbs. However, it gave her severe stomach pain, diarrhea, and vomiting. She was sick for months even after she ran out of the stuff. Unfortunately it wasn't until after her exploratory surgery that it was figured out.

^Only answer needed.^