Looking for a chicekn recipe!

Options
hollyg123
hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
I have a whole chicken that I want to cook, but I want to do something different then I normally do. I normally stick it in the Crockpot and let it cook all day, shredding the chicken and making chicken broth. What are some different ways to cook a whole chicken? Thanks! :)

Replies

• jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I like to rub with a poltice of olive oil, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Then just roast in the oven.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i am addicted to , roasted chicken pieces and steamed celery mixed with Jamaican Jerk Sauce, rolled up in a whole wheat wrap .. total yummy-nessss
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    you can oven fry it
    cover in some corn flake crumbs and just bake it. makes it super crispy.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    stuff it with Carrots and celery and onions too rub your spices on it and add a little bit of low sodium chicken borth in the bottom :drinker:
  • Susan1548
    Options
    Try the beer can method -- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-beer-can-chicken/
    My friend cooks it this way all the time and it's moist and tender... and it doesn't taste like beer.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I usually rub a mixture of spices on the chicken. Then I slice up an orange and shove it all up inside the chicken. Then sometimes I wrap it in bacon (for my hubby I don't eat the bacon) and roast it in the oven. After it's cooked for about an hour I add some vegetables like carrots, red potatoes, and celery and put it back in the oven.

Yummy!
  • hollyg123
    Options
    Try the beer can method -- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-beer-can-chicken/
    My friend cooks it this way all the time and it's moist and tender... and it doesn't taste like beer.

This one looks great, but my husband is highly allergic to hops so it's not for us! Thanks though! :)
  • hollyg123
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will come back and let everyone know what I make. I just saw a lemon pepper chicken where you cut up a lemon and put it inside and then cover the chicken in lemon pepper and lemon juice and cook in the oven. I buy a lot of whole chickens so I will have to try all the recipes. :)