Sweet tooth

Options
I have a terrible sweet tooth :(. What do you eat to feed the craving? This is the hardest thing for me! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sarahdee2007
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes. Fat free cool whip and fruit. Sugar free jello.
  • jdm1726
    jdm1726 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like low calorie brownies! Found the recipe on one of the posts here....added a extra 1/4 cup more of applesauce to make them moister...
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Strawberry sugar-free chewing gum or sugar-free lemon mints
    A few squares of organic chocolate
    A banana mashed up with either peanut butter & jam OR cocoa powder to make a pudding
    Raisins
    Pink Lady Apples (very sweet)
    Low calorie frozen fruit ice lollies
    Grapes
    Organic fruit lollipops from health food stores
    Chocolate soy milk/ chocolate protein powder
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Oh and forgot chocolate rice cakes AND organic fruit yoghurts!
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow has some great stuff! Or you can mix a box of brownie mix with a can of pumpkin puree, cook.... let it cool. Super yummy, not sure of exact stuff, but if you google it, it'll come up with the recipe! Drizzle melted peanut butter on it, and I promise it will not taste like a diet dessert at all! Hope that helps.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I hve seen people say they use FF cool whilp and graham crackers to make a yummy ice cream sandwichy type thing
  • HILLIO1
    HILLIO1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Skinny cow has some great stuff!

Skinny Cow DOES have some great stuff! I like their little chocolate clusters with the rice crispies, tastes like a 100 grand!

I definitely feel you, my sweet tooth is my biggest problem...by far! I just CRAVE chocolate! I've been very proud of myself for being able to control myself with sweets, but at the same time, I wish I didn't like them at all because I'd probably lose weight twice as fast! Let me also just tell you, I go over my sugar every single day. I usually go over with breakfast alone because a lot of times I'll eat greek vanilla yogurt with granola. I'm supposed to be having 26 grams or less of sugar, but I just cannot do it! My weakness has always been chocolate! One of the things I've found VERY satisfying is Weight Watchers Triple Divine Chocolate bar. That thing is SO rich and completely satisfies me for the whole day, with only 100 calories I think...maybe 110.

I don't know if you're trying to not eat sweets at all or if you're looking for healthier alternatives, but my fiance always tells me I have to allow myself stuff like that or I'm going to crack and eat a lot of it. If you're looking for substitutions I can't help there because to me, eating an apple is good, but I still know it's fruit, and I still want something sweet. Here are some things I eat for sweetness:

King Size Special Dark Hershey bar, divided into 4 sections. Eat one section and it's 80 calories. Dark chocolate has really been my friend because it's better for you, and also it's rich so I'm left very satisfied.

Dark Chocolate Plum Sweets=chocolate covered prunes, but the prunes are good for you, and to me, they taste like chocolate covered raisins. The biggest thing is just making sure to measure and not go overboard.

Another thing I eat when I"m wanting something sweet is cereal.
  • vkbartlett
    Options
    I eat a fit&active strawberry ceral bar. Its a healthy way to eat something sweet but good for you. If you live near an aldi's grocery store thats where u can buy them. Thats where i buy mine anyways. They are awsome and so good. Good luck and add me if you like i'm brand new to mfp and i'm looking for friends.
  • maganda_babae
    Options
    I like Snack Pack Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding...only 70 calories! :smile:
  • c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hostess 100 Calorie mini chocolate cupcakes with frosting.
  • jmduvall22
    jmduvall22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like Snack Pack Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding...only 70 calories! :smile:

I have the Jello ones and they're only 60 calories... use it as a dip for a serving of mini pretzel twists and it's an amazing indulgence that rivals regular chocolate covered pretzels! Only 160 calories (give or take)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    take a hammer and smash your sweet tooth :smokin:
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Whatever I like (as long as its within my calories)

Mini Kinder Bars - AUS (69kcal)
    Mini Choc Buttons - UK (99kcal)
    Splice Fruit Ice Lolly - AUS (70kcal)
    Mini ice cream stick ie Magnum (110kcal - 190kcal)
    Light Philly & Sugar on crackers (like a mini cheesecake)
    Fruit

I'm not on this for a crash diet so IMO a little bit of what you fancy isn't a problem as long as you know when to stop. x
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    28 M&M's = 100 cal yum yum
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    Jolly Time 100 calorie Healthy Pop Kettle Corn!!! I't's sweet and salty and ohhhhhhhhh so yummy!!:blushing:
  • muppetsbear
    muppetsbear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have sweet teeth I try to fight off the urge and if that doesn't work I will go buy something sweet and have a piece. I find if I have it in the house I don't want it. I have a box of ice cream in the freezer thats been there for 3-4 weeks, there was a time like 3 months ago that it was all I could do to not eat it all on the way home from the store.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth is almost entirely to blame for me being overweight. I love sweets and unfortunately when I start eating them I can't stop. It sets up major binge eating for me. Here's some options:

1. Cut them out entirely...after about 2 weeks you won't crave them anymore (if you can get through 2 weeks that is)
    2. Major portion control (Personally, for some reason it doesn't really work for me, but it seems to for most people). Eat half a candy bar, or measure out your ice cream, buy snack sized sweets (100 calorie packs, etc) and only eat one.
    3. Go with low-cal, sugar free, or low-fat options: Skinny Cow and Weight Watchers have a lot of options both frozen or not, jello with cool whip, frozen yogurt with no toppings, cupcakes (one 24 packet of any cake mix with one can of diet soda, or 12 pack with a half can of diet soda. This cuts out all the calories from egg, sugar, butter, milk, etc and they are still yummy. Just add 5 minutes cooking time).
    4. Fruit. I think the natural sugar from the fruit really helps with the cravings. You can always add some cool whip.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Chocolate (especially dak chocolate) is definitely my problem. I also LOVE ice cream. I absolutely LOVE Skinnycow Mint Ice Cream Sandwich. I have tried the majority of their ice cream sandwiches and the mint one is the best and is only 140 calories.

Also, Dove Smooth Dark Chocolate Promises. Each piece is only 42 calories. Just have to be careful on how many you eat:wink: .
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sugar free brownies (the Pilsbury fudge ones are actually really good).

And Hershey Kiss Air Delights... :)
  • viannee
    viannee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've got a sweet tooth too! The more sugary the better!
    I even like caramel better than chocolates!

That Diet Coke Cake idea I found somewhere here's something I'd like to try someday.

Sugar free jello are a great quick fix too.

oh and mangoes are something eat when i have sweet cravings too!