training books/weight loss literature

Options
Do any of you read training books or motivational books? I've noticed that as my library expands I'm feeling more and more confident about my decisions in nutrition or training. Do you guys read? What are some books in your training library?

Here's mine so far!

Motivational:
Born to Run by Christopher McDougal
Moose: A memoir of fat camp by Stephanie Klein
The Story of the Tour de France by Bill McGann

Training:
The Cyclist's Training Bible: Joe Friel
Smart Cycling: Successful Training and Racing for Riders of All Levels by Arnie Baker
Triathlon for Girls Like Us by Gloria Safar

Weight management/nutrition
Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald
Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guide
Chris Carmichael's Food for Fitness
Endurance Sports Nutrition by Suzanne Girard Eberle

Replies

• CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am not a reader, so for me to recommend a book is rare! I found so many helpful tips and explanations in this book though:

Which Comes First, Cardio or Weights?: Fitness Myths, Training Truths, and Other Surprising Discoveries from the Science of Exercise
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
    I have no plans of racing Badwater or any of the endurance events he has done, but to know that there are people out there that can dedicate themselves to that definitely helps me in not making excuses for my goal.

The Non Runners Guide for Women: Get off your butt and on with your training is a favorite of mine.

Slow Fat Triathlete: Live Your Athletic Dreams in the Body You Have Now I love that one too!!!!
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any but am definately going to look for the ones you've reccommended. Especially the Cycling books, as I am just starting out I could really use some knowledge.
    Thanks.