Introduce myself

Options
Hi,

I'm 37, working mother of 2. Have done many programs, can't seem to stay focused. Love sweets, having a hard time to stop. Any support or tips for the sweet tooth would be great :smile:

Replies

• feexme
    feexme Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello-

I too love sweets and am a working mother of three (8,6, 2). . I know it's hard to stop eating sweets. Some days I feel like (saddly) sweets are thing only thing that make me feel something good. I found the more I tried not to eat them, the more I wanted them. I always allow myself the chance to choose to have one or not. At the end of the night after my children are in bed, if I want a small cup of ice cream, i have it. If I don't I'll eat everything but. You can do this. I've been a member for a while but haven't taken it seriously until this past week when I joined a weight loss group where there is a lot more accountability. Now I have to lose because I don't want to have to go in week after week to say I'm still the same. Here's hoping. Good Luck!!!
  • cameragal
    cameragal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like sweets also! I have found that eating 5-6 times per day, small meals, curb cravings. I have an apple or banana at 10 am and 2 pm. In the evening, I may have after dinner, a few of the chocolate mini rice cakes with some natural peanut butter! Yum! They are good! I noticed since I really cut my carb intake, I seem to have less cravings. I was a a carb- oholic too!
  • avedonarden
    Options
    I can totally relate. I'm almost 37, just had a baby four months ago and need to lose 40lbs...

I don't work anymore (I stay at home) so all of that activity that was normally in my routine is gone...I have to force myself to stay active. And like you, I LOVE sweets. Twizzlers, chocolate, cookies...you name it. (the funny thing is that I was never much of a "sweets" person until my pregnancy...now I can't seem to switch it back off again!)

I like cameragal's suggestions re: cutting back on carbs to cut cravings.

sometimes when I have a really bad craving, I will drink a huge glass of water and tell myself that after that, if I STILL want it, then ok I can have half of what I normally would've had. Usually after the water, I'm no longer interested.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I, too, suffer from not just one sweet tooth, but evidently a whole mouth full of them. I've found it's best to just go cold turkey - no more processed sugar. It's really tough for about two weeks, but after that you don't really miss it. For that first two weeks, I recommend no alcohol as well, since that really is sugar. What I've found is if I don't have the "first bite" or "first cookie" or "first M&M" (my personal kryptonite), I won't have any. But if I try to just limit how much I have - it's kind of like an alcoholic trying to limit how much he/she drinks. Once you rid your body of the sugar, you will notice how much flavor everything else has. You will never be totally free of sugar - there is sugar in fruit, vegetables - pretty much everything. But read labels, see what kind of sugar is in your food and how much. You can find things sugar-free or with natural sugars. I do use Stevia to sweeten some things, and when I need a chocolate fix, Dr. Oz Butt-Busting Brownies do the trick.
  • SylvieKing
    SylvieKing Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The sweets will be tough to beat! I may take your suggestion and only eat a little to satisfy the craving.
  • SylvieKing
    Options
    Incredible how the sweets control us. Last night I was craving like crazy, I wanted to whip up a batch of fudge...instead I smashed a banana in a bowl with skim milk and added 1/4 tsp sweetner...satisfied my sweet tooth.
  • SylvieKing
    Options
    Such great information...thanks everyone!