Kid's can really boost your ego :)

Options
stevewynjones
stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
Passing my wife's laptop one day my daughter, about 4 at the time, stopped and said "daddy" whilst pointing at the screen....

...It was a picture of Russell Crowe as "Gladiator"! :laugh:

What have yours, or borrowed ones, said that boosted your ego?

Replies

• coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Aw that's awesome and you do look a bit like the gladiator. When I first met my new partner, my teen son said to me "see mum, you still got it goin on!" hehe
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Lol cool :wink: I got told i looked like Gerri halliwell before lol, it was mainly from a pic i had where i had pigtails in ha! xxx
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    My son has never said I looked like someone or anything like that, but he LOVES to brag to his friends about how good of a skipper I am, and how strong I am...I will give him the skipping, but I am so not strong. But if you listen to him talk, you would think I should be in Olympic Weight Lifting lol Always makes me feel good :)
  • CatSummer
    CatSummer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My grade 2 students have noticed that I have lost weight. They even notice when my hair is done differently. As they come into my classroom, they say, "Wooooow, Teacher, you look beautiful!!"

It's adorable, and it also makes me feel great :)
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    One of the boys at work says I throw rocks further into the lake than anybody else can, and make the best splashes with them. :)
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My GF and I magazine swap....she was giving me some mags one day and Blake Lively was on the cover ....as she handed it to me, her 3yr old said Kim Kim Kim (my name)
    ya right..LOL
    It was cute...my daughter has no filter.....when she gives me a good stare and opens her mouth im usually scared!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My daughter said, while we were sitting on my easy chair watching tv, "Daddy, you don't have a pillow for me to rest my head on.". She was pointing to my stomach. LOL gotta love it.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My kid brother always brags on me.
    "My sis makes the best chicken strips!"
    "My sis is a beast at drawing."
    "My sis is the coolest!"

The other day he came up and patted me on the stomach and said that I didn't look so full.
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My kids do the exact opposite!

They quite often sing this delightful ditty to me:

Hey you, over there
    What's it like to have no hair
    Is it hot or is it cold
    I don't know 'cause I'm not bald

I am thinking of having them adopted!!!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    My going on 4 year old said "Daddy, your big belly is gone!" This is after her telling my wife that "Daddy was going to get a new belly" after I told her why I was exercising.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    "Mommy your butt is getting small"
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    My oldest says I should sing professionally. I <3 her! ;)
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    "I'm the only kid in my class with a cool mom"

:heart:
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    During my workouts my 3 yr old DD always pops up and says "GO MOMMY GO" and cheers for me. Love it!!
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I went to spend some time with a friend and her two girls (age 4 & 6). When I walked in, the 6 year old wraps her arms around my waist and goes "Sara, you look small!" Definitely made my day! :flowerforyou:
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options
    My daughter says I make the best peanut butter sandwich and that is why I am the 'Best Mommy Ever!' :blushing:
  • MachellePhillips
    MachellePhillips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I overheard my daughter tell her friends that I have strong muscles.