hey all and thanks from behind the scenes

Options
Hi everyone well it was a long and gruelling 4 months but here i am ready for the world with a whole new attitude and body to go with it.
weighing in at a peak 234lbs last summer, yesterday i have hit my goal of 170lbs... 64lbs since last year at this time and 57lbs since i found MFP. It wasnt all MFP though i have to credit to xbox kinect and ea sports active 2 as well. After completeting their 6 week starter and 15 week programs I found Nike + running and tracked miles and calories there as well, walking 5 miles a day at first now running it three times a week and intend on entering the Barrie, Ontario half marathon in june, who would have thought. My longest run so far has been a 10.7km run wich is about 6.5 miles (for those in the us) half the distance of of the race. it was tough and i didnt run the whole thing i had to walk the last mile but i had energy left. It showed promise maybe i can finish 13 miles. I have two more months to prepare, train... oh ya and i eat again burning 1200 calories exercising means i can eat almost anything...almost

Anyways after all that i just wanted to thank all of you whose blogs I've read (even though this is my first blog or response for that matter and you dont know me) it was really inspiring to see so many have great success and to those that are just starting or in the middle the end will eventually come for the calorie count and providing you remain exercising the count will be to insure you are taking in enough calories....Good luck all ... my new goal is the race its keeping me focused on keeping off the weight .. wish me luck im going to need it.

ill post some before and after pics a little later...and feel free to ask for some advice. As you know MFP works and works well

Thanks again
S.J.

Replies

• crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all you have accomplished! Can't wait to see the pics!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    nice job!
    that is AWESOME progress man!

i LOVE ea active sports 2!
    i tried getting back into it after a 6mo hiatus, but for SOME reason, that game refuses to see me. the lighting conditions are perfect but it claims they are not. i had the nyko "zoom" on there for a bit since we have a small room....hope i havent screwed up the kinect.

anyway...GREAT job! :happy:
  • gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow...congratulations on your hard work, it has paid off. Very inspiring.
  • Jbradbury1964
    Jbradbury1964 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome testimonial! Thank you! You are an inspiration to us all! :flowerforyou:
  • Scottyjones69
    Scottyjones69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    01scotty234lbsmarch20112.jpg
    02scotty234lbsmarch2011.jpg
    03scottyjan2012halfway203lbs2.jpg
    04scottyjan2012halfway203lbs.jpg
    05scottyfinishline170lbs2.jpg
    06scottyfinishline170lbs.jpg
    07scottyfinishline170lbs3.jpg
  • Scottyjones69
    Options
    ok got it now

i look at these pics and still cant beleive its me in the before and especially the after
    hope this helps all of you get to where you want to be.
    if i can do it anyone can i was the most out of shape person i know
    now running 6 miles a day
  • Scottyjones69
    Options
    hey thanks it means alot when you work so hard and someone notices
    i posted some pics check them out they are pretty hilarious
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!