Which jeans fit your body type best?

Options
I'VE ALWAYS HATED PANTS SHOPPING! I just wanted to share with all my pear shaped ladies out there that I recently bought a pair of "Taylor" Boot Cut jeans from Maurice's and they fit AWESOME. I thought this would be a good tool for all body shapes to share what jeans work best for them.

http://www.maurices.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11486649

Replies

• NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    I have those exact jeans. LOVE them, they are so comfy. The one thing I've found, though, is that they tend to sag in the butt region. I have to make sure I wash/machine dry them at least weekly otherwise my husband calls me "Saggy Butt" :)
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've always found that boot cut jeans balance out my big bum!
    I still determinedly try to squeeze into skinny jeans though-when will I learn?
  • ksanchez311
    Options
    I remember an episode of "What Not To Wear" saying that pear shapes should wear trouser cut jeans that come straight down from the widest part of the hips... or boot cut jeans.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I only wear skinny jeans.
  • jnamcelwain
    jnamcelwain Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!! Going to Maurices today :)
  • tiffpage
    tiffpage Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I decided to splurge after slimming down and went to the denim bar in Boston. It's very expensive but is the most amazing experience of your life in terms of jeans shopping. You don't pick out anything. They actually have a bar and the staff are experts in fitting so you just try on what they bring you. They have locations all around the country and have an online store. I absolutely love both pair and will go there again in the future. I have a heavy bottom for my frame so fitting me isn't easy.
  • ksanchez311
    Options
    I decided to splurge after slimming down and went to the denim bar in Boston. It's very expensive but is the most amazing experience of your life in terms of jeans shopping. You don't pick out anything. They actually have a bar and the staff are experts in fitting so you just try on what they bring you. They have locations all around the country and have an online store. I absolutely love both pair and will go there again in the future. I have a heavy bottom for my frame so fitting me isn't easy.

I had no idea such a place existed. VERY cool!
  • danellebakerbush
    danellebakerbush Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So disappointed to find out Maurices isn't carrying the Taylor Boot Cut anymore in my local store. I started my weight loss journey at 258lbs and a size 22. I found the Taylor Boot Cut when I got down to size 17/18 and then bought the 15/16 as I continued to lose weight. Last weekend I hit the 200lb mark and went to get a new pair of 13/14 and was very upset they didnt have any. I checked on the website and no 13/14 there either :(
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    After buying Miss Me jeans :heart: I haven't liked the fit of anything else since. They are perfect for me!
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I wear Riders S Curvier jeans. LOVE THEM. I have a big booty and relatively small waist for my size. These are great.

Levi's 529 Curvy Cut jeans are wonderful for me too.
  • knekno
    knekno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To get an idea of what jeans to try, I like this site: http://old.zafu.com/just-for-you.html You take a short quiz about how clothes fit and rate pictures of pants (what you would or wouldn't wear). Then, you get a list of brands, with avg prices given. I haven't tried the jean suggestions, but the bra section was worth it.