30 Day Shred (and others).

Options
I just ordered Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, along with six week six pack and Killer Buns & Thighs. I also ordered a heart rate monitor. Anyway, I'm pretty excited and wanted to hear some advice and/or opinions on any of the DVDs. I plan on doing the 30 day shred first, then six week six pack. I'm going throw in Killer Buns and Thighs whenever I feel like doing more. Probably a couple of times during the week, if feasible. I'm just excited to get some workouts started!

Replies

• awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 DS it is a wonderful workout... I have noticed my body changing and muscles toning in my arms and legs
  • KatherineSLim
    KatherineSLim Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also impressed with the results of 30 DS... although to say I 'like' it would be a stretch! I find it very difficult, but in sticking with it have found that I'm noticing changes (I actually have some upper body strength now! lol)

I think my advice for it would be to be persistent, and don't be afraid to do a modified move if the move is too difficult or puts too much stress on your knees etc. I generally needed to start with some modified moves, but was able to make it through most by the end of each level (just starting level 3 now).

Good luck!
  • alilovesray
    alilovesray Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amen to that--- I also do most of the modified levels (ANITA!) since I have had NO work out training since starting really. I just dove right into it in March. I love the difference it has made in my life already. I didn't really do much measurements, but I've lost weight definitely and have noticed too the strength in my arms and my endurance level is amazing.

I have a L O N G way to go with my goal weight though but with the positive results I am seeing and all the positive support, I am not stopping at this poing.

I am also on level 3 too. I love level 3 MUCH better than level 2. Darn PLANKS. :) I also am going to start the 6 week 6 pack too as an additional work out on random days I can fit it in.

Good Luck.
  • JessLove31
    Options
    Thanks for the input, ladies. It's very much appreciated. I'm excited to start and see some much needed changes. Does she specify how heavy the weights need to be while doing the workout? I saw some clips on youtube that she had a mat and some weights. Is there anything else I'll need to purchase?
  • alilovesray
    alilovesray Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just got 3lbs weights. I am NOT ready for anything higher. :) And didn't get the mat bc I usually on my carpet. LOL
  • JessLove31
    Options
    Sounds good. I should start slow and gradually up the weights if needed. It's easy to say what's two more lbs., but it's so easy to talk and not be able to back it up. Haha.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I started with 3 lbs weights. I now use 8 lb weights. You'll get there. :)
  • JessLove31
    Options
    That's the plan! :)
  • KatherineSLim
    KatherineSLim Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started with 5 lb weights and defnitely would have gotten lighter to start if I'd known what I was getting into! Ha ha... It definitely depends on where you're starting from, but most people I know started with 3 and them moved up as they could
    :-)