How to have your cheese and eat it, too

Options
I'm a huge cheese person---or at least I was before MFP. I recently discovered a secret way to still have that magical cheesy moment, without all the calories and fat.

Ready?

I've stopped putting it on my sandwich, where I can barely taste it with all the other goodies in there, and I've started eating light cheese sticks on the side of my lunch.

130 calories in a slice of Boar's Head (of which I used to have two) vs. 70 calories per cheese stick? I'll take it.

Since doing this it's been no problem to meet my calorie goals--funny how it used to add up.

Plus, eating it on the side means I get to enjoy it all on its own--honestly I can't even detect that it's missing from my sandwich, taste-wise.

Just thought I'd share in case this info is useful to any other cheese addicts out there!

Replies

• adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've started to do the same! Except with my grilled cheese sandwiches.... that'd be just silly.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I love cheese too, but avoid it because of the fat content.
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've started to do the same! Except with my grilled cheese sandwiches.... that'd be just silly.

Haha, agreed. But then the whole point is the cheese! Grilled cheese and tomato sammiches are my favorite treat food.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Haha, agreed. But then the whole point is the cheese! Grilled cheese and tomato sammiches are my favorite treat food.

Now I want a grilled cheese sammich!
  • ChristySeeksBalance
    ChristySeeksBalance Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I try to save up enough calories one or two days a week so I can have an ounce of blue cheese with a glass or two of wine. I can make that ounce last a loooooooooooong time! =)

If I'm really trying to do this forever, giving up cheese (and wine) just isn't an option!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I found I eat my sandwiches with only one slice of bread at a time. This way, I still taste all the cheese, peanut butter, etc.. and I can space out my meals/ snacks.

I like part-skim mozzarella on my slice of toast grilled with butter spray. It is my new grilled cheese.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Recently, I discovered the deliciousness of Babybel rounds. The only downside of cheese is the sodium.
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Options
    I found I eat my sandwiches with only one slice of bread at a time. This way, I still taste all the cheese, peanut butter, etc.. and I can space out my meals/ snacks.

I like part-skim mozzarella on my slice of toast grilled with butter spray. It is my new grilled cheese.

Good trick!
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Options
    Recently, I discovered the deliciousness of Babybel rounds. The only downside of cheese is the sodium.

I love those! Laughing cow, too.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I love this post!! ty for sharing this, I think I will try it xoxo