Heart Rate Monitor....advice and types.

Options
Looking at purchasing a HRM. Need advice and types. I feel like I need a strap and watch to get the most accurate results. NEED HELP!

Replies

• kellie27523
    Options
    POLAR is the way to go. HeartratemonitorUSA has great sales & low cost. I just got the ladies FT4 for less than $70
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I have a Polar Heart rate monitor which I love. It's an F6 and has the chest strap. A personal trainer set it up for me years ago and I just adjust my weight as I lose weight. Hope this helps
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Love my Garmin, it has the GPS as well so works for my walking
  • jophine11
    Options
    I have a MIO petite womens HRM and calorie counter and love it!!! Use for Zumba! Allows you to enter your height, weight and age to get better readings of calories burned. Only $50 on amazon.com
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    POLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Ty
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I have a PolarRS300X. It's pretty spiffy. Lets me enter in all of my information, and has fitness test to more accurately calculate calorie burns, or allows you to enter in your vo2max if you know it. I can connect if to a gps unit or footpod later on, if I want to improve my pace or distance outdoors. It uses a chest strap which is much more comfortable than I thought it would be
    It was a bit pricier (amazon for 109), but worth every dime.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have a new balance wrist one. From using that, my next step and advice to you is to spend the extra money and get one with a chest strap!! I have heard great things about polar AND garmin, it seems to me on my friends list, that the more serious runners have the garmin because of the map's and others who want to know their calorie burn get a polar. Thats just my impression though!
  • Crazyasian1
    Options
    I agree Polar is the way to go, but my local sports store didn't have the cheaper versions, just the fully loaded models and I just HAD TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW. So, I settled on a cheap $35 Sportline HRM. Comes with the strap and watch, does what I need it to do and is very simple to operate, no unecessary bells and whistles, just the basics and its been working fine for the last few months.