Would you join the biggest loser

Options
This is a question that has been asked to me by my sisters. They were saying how they were going to try and get me on the show/for an 'audtion'/casting call whatever- i told them how much i would LOVE to do it- but I dont think I could leave my kids for 6 months- especially since the next call will be next jan-feb and i'm due this November with my 3rd. Even if i wasnt due with a 3rd i dont think i could leave my 8 year old and 14 month old for that long without seeing them! They pointed out they would help watch them etc-- but i don't know. I just dont think i could leave that young of children for 6 months- even though it would change my life--- THis is all hypothetical obviously- what do you other mothers/fathers with young children think about this scenerio?? Would you do it?

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This is a question that has been asked to me by my sisters. They were saying how they were going to try and get me on the show/for an 'audtion'/casting call whatever- i told them how much i would LOVE to do it- but I dont think I could leave my kids for 6 months- especially since the next call will be next jan-feb and i'm due this November with my 3rd. Even if i wasnt due with a 3rd i dont think i could leave my 8 year old and 14 month old for that long without seeing them! They pointed out they would help watch them etc-- but i don't know. I just dont think i could leave that young of children for 6 months- even though it would change my life--- THis is all hypothetical obviously- what do you other mothers/fathers with young children think about this scenerio?? Would you do it?
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Yes an No!
    No probly for the same resons you stated.
    Yes just to push myself to the limet.

Mary:happy:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to do it if I didn't have my 1 year old. No way would I be able to do it now. I know it would better my life and my family in the long run, but it's just not worth missing out on her life, and having me be a stranger and not know her routine when I get back. I am a stay at home mom, so maybe that's why it's a no-way for me.

I don't judge anyone else though. For some, they NEED to get away from their life in order to change. I can lose the weight (even though it will be slower) at home.

It is so sweet that your sisters offered. It's tempting!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    on this couples season, that husband and wife left thier little child too help themselves, I see why you want to stay with them, but on the other hand getting that chance to live and have a fun with them and furthermore be a great example for them is also a motivator!!!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I would do it in heart beat if I could miss that much work without losing my job and still pay all my bills. I would just be afraid that I couldn't keep up with the workouts. But I think it would be a blast!!!!

Memaw
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do it. If it's meant to be you'll make it on the show. If it's not, you will join thousands of others who tried and didn't make it !! Let the impossible odds of being chosen for it, decide your fate.
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well for me, no way. My youngest of 3 just turned a year old 3 weeks ago, and I - as is every parent - am incredulous as to how fast it all goes by...
    My husband I and just rented a treadmill a couple weeks back, which we are LOVING! Set up some type of system between you and your spouse to be on the buddy system for eachother, it certainly keeps us honest! And it's exciting and encouraging to share successes with eachother!

The treadmill works for me, because I'm not a "gym" kinda girl, and I have no excuses (weather, business, etc) because who can't carve out 45 minutes in their day for priorities? If the treadmill isn't your thing, tag team eachother (you and hubby) and take a nice long brisk walk - if working out isn't his need or desire, it gives him a 'get out of jail free' card for 45 minutes or so to himself for whatever!

It's also really good to teach your kids that you value yourself, and time out for healthy gain is a positive, right? I love it when my daughter comes and pretends to be on the treadmill with me, walking alongside. She's observing a healthy choice. At least that's how I see it...
    But again, my 2 cents!
    Good luck on your journey!