Net calories?

Options
Hello everybody!
Everytime I go on MFP I see something called ''Net Calories'' for example, my today's Net Calories are 725.
What does that mean? I over consumed 725 kcal? :S
Thanks! <3

Replies

• abreakinthesurface
    Options
    Net calories is the amount of calories you ate minus the calories you exercised. For example, If you were to eat 1456 calories and burn off 200 calories running, your net calories would be 1256
  • Lanie42
    Lanie42 Posts: 10
    Options
    No you did not over consume, that means after all you did today (eat and exercise) you have only taken in 725 calories.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Your net calories should never go below 1200.... Eat up!! ;)
  • Gvgoldmedal
    Options
    Its the amount you eaten minus the amount you've worked off with calories.
  • nebulinda
    nebulinda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Your net calories is, as the other person said, what you consume minus what you burn through exercise. So whatever your calorie goal is, that's what you should be netting. So if your original calorie goal is 1500, and you burn 300 through exercise, you should 1800 total calories for the day. If you only netted 725 today, you still need to eat quite a bit more to get to your calorie goal. (I don't know what your goal is, but MFP never sets anyone to less than 1200, so you should still eat more. Also, I woud advise people to never net below their BMR, even if MFP sets them up with a calorie goal lower than that.)
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Your net calories should never go below 1200.... Eat up!! ;)

^^^THIS.