I've lost my umph.

Options
UGH. I did SO well. from Jan. to March.. and now.. i am just bla.
What are some things you've done to get over a slump?

Replies

• brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Try to visualize where you want to be and know that you have done so well so far and you are this much closer to your goal. If you gave up now, you will have to start all over again. 3 months is a big deal :) Don't give up!
  • graebnerkm15
    graebnerkm15 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I kinda had a blah week this past week. I wasn't feeling well and I had some celebrating to do (I finished my 480 hour internship) but I still tried to stay as close to cals as possible. Today was the first time I really exercised in probably 5 days, and I had to do something quite different than what I was before because I was bored.
    Just remember that you don't need to give it 100%, 100% of the time. It's okay to have blah days (or a week) but just try and jump back on the horse.
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This was me last week. Completely over-indulged at easter and instead of keeping it to the sunday, I continued on til the following sunday! Got on the scale monday morning....up 7lbs! That was enough for me to kick my butt back in gear! Just home from aerobics and feel GREAT! Keep going, you got this :)
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. You are doing this for you. Just remember why you began and stick with it. Don't give up or all of your hard work will go out the window.
  • KraftyKoala
    Options
    That is something I have to remind myself as well. It doesn't always have to 100% all the time. I am just starting over and hoping for the best and looking for lots of support!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Set some mini goals and take it one day, week, month at a time... Maybe you need to do better with planning your meals, drinking more water or eating more fresh fruits/veggies - make that your focus for this week. Or maybe you want to try a different exercise routine - make that your focus for the next month. Then put those goals somewhere. MFP provides a space for us to do that right on our profile pages or you could post them under your MFP blog.

I think it's good to have a nice heart to heart talk with yourself. Think about what it is exactly that's making you feel blah. Are you missing your afternoon chocolate or evening glass of wine? Did you overdo it in the gym the last week or two? Are you just bored of the same exercise routine you've been doing and/or foods you've been eating since January? Once you've identified what it is, think about ways to change these things. Make a change in your daily food choices (or even up your calories a tad) so you can have that treat. Change up your workouts a bit to keep them interesting, or even try taking more rest days if you're burned out. Check out new recipes - the MFP recipe board and skinnytaste.com are great places to start - or even pull out your own recipe books and see how you could make those old favorites a little healthier.
  • plainjane23
    Options
    I wish I had been doing it as long as you, but for any goal for me, I take some time and write down why I'm doing what I'm doing. That helps. And if you have an off day, try a new food and exercise the additional calories away by doing something you really enjoy. Shopping/window shopping for a few hours is a decent calorie burner... so is just taking a walk around your neighborhood.:bigsmile:
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    Thanks you guys!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    planned a physically challenging adventure!!! got re-addicted!!
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a few pictures that motivate me plus my wife is a trainer and she pushes me as much as she can. Write down where u are now and where u would like to be in a month. Try a different kind of workout..they have one called Cize and it a lot of fun it's a dance video but believe me u sweat.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    strong bump for a 3 year old thread...lol