A day in the life of 1400 cals a day...

Options
Those of you who are on 1400 calories a day will you share an example of what a typical day is for you meal wise? How do you break it down and what do you typically eat?

I am currently struggling on 1400 calories a day so I'm hoping this can help us all gain some ideas :) xx

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I've been on my deathbed this past week with a stomach virus so if you check my diary, go back a couple weeks (Like, April 3rd is a good example. I ate ALL day). lol

I average 1300+/-

I have an early lunch, a later lunch, dinner, and snacks in between.

Snacks are higher protein. String cheese, greek yogurt, chocolate roasted almonds, beef jerky.

Breakfast - Coffee ...popcorn when I get to work. lol
    Early Lunch - Salad
    Late Lunch - Subway
    Dinner - Chicken/bagged veggies beef/potatoes, etc.
    Snacks - listed above
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1500 a day:

Breakfast is 5 egg whites and one full egg scrambled with salsa and a slice of plain nickel bread, coffee, fiber

a.m. snack of 1/4 cup sunflower seeds

lunch is usually 3 oz of chicken and a salad or veggie of some sort

afternoon snack - container of greek yogurt

after gym snack: protein shake

dinner varies, shrimp salad, tilapia, chicken, turkey

before bed snack - Harmony southwestern mix, or fiber one brownie

and if i'm really good i get a glass of wine...........I was really good last night :)

heck, my diary is open, feel free to browse
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Struggling how? Are you stuffed or still hungry?
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My range is in the 1500s, but check out my diary--without my morning coffee treat I'd be at 1400.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I offer up my diary as well. Although I am treating myself to Chipotle tonight after an appointment I have beside one. I achieved my goal last month and am now on maintenance but I get those extra calories from my snacks.
  • readysuzie
    Options
    We must get it through our heads that you do not have to starve to loose weight!!!! I eat very well on 1400 cals a day or less. I eat 1 cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of raisins, and 8 oz. of 1% milk for breakfast. Then I have a lunch --2 protein ( tuna, canned chicken) or something like that--8 oz. of 1% milk again-a fruit--like an apple or pear or grapes. Eat whole fruit instead of juice, if you can. It lasts a lot longer in your stomach. Dr oz said on one of his shows--to eat the fruit between meals with a glass of water. I eat a lot of vegies. Asparagus, lettuce, cauliflower,green beans (etc) they are filling. Then at supper I eat 3 oz of protein. It is more then your diet calculator provides--but, I think protein is important--the more you have to lose. Then I eat veggies-raw or cooked. 8 oz 1% milk, and a fruit. If I have enough calories left--I eat a microwaved potato with salsa. You can have butter if you prefer. I have lost 60 pounds doing this. I started last April and this morning I weighed in--and it was finally 60#. Stay at it--this is a lifestyle change. You can do it--there is a thin person in all of us. Run down--3 milks a day for older people like me. 4-5 proteins--5 fruits and vegetables and breads--like potatoes etc. Enjoy!! I enjoyed talking to you--Please don't starve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready Suzie
  • BlooQKazoo
    Options
    I usually get around that. Feel free to check out my diary! I eat basically the same things every day.
  • kmeyer001
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I have currently lost 6 lbs in the last month in a half and have 26lbs more to go. How much do you excercise a week and what forms of excercise do you do.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are on 1400 calories a day will you share an example of what a typical day is for you meal wise? How do you break it down and what do you typically eat?

I am currently struggling on 1400 calories a day so I'm hoping this can help us all gain some ideas :) xx

if you mean struggling as in constantly hungry, maybe you need to adjust your goals. What is your loss goal set as? do you eat back your exercise?
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I'll open my diary so you can take a look. I like to eat REAL food, with an occasional slip-up :-) And I am usually not hungry (and have lots to lose).
  • GeemaQ
    GeemaQ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It isn't too hard to do the 1440 thar I am on
    Breakfast. I either have my yo and to ...haha. It is chabani yogurt and cracked wheat toast w/ a pat of butter on it
    OR I have my PB &OJ breakfast. I vary those with cereal occasionally.

For lunch
    Salad with wishbone robusto Italian dressing (I don't like diet dressings, so I spend the 80 cal or 160 on 2 or 4 tb of this dressing)
    Or I have a roast chicken Subway...or a land O lakes turkey sandwich. 6 slices with c wh bread. And some baked lays chips

For dinner ...huge variety
    Pork roast, sweet potato, salad, chicken Marsala, butternut squash or cheese stuffed raviolis, small new York strip, huge blackened shrimp or chicken on tossed salad, I find spaghetti hardest to control...the jarred sauces are high in cal, so I have discovered that using a couple of cans of diced Italian seasoned tomatos works great and waaaay less cala.

As for snacks, I love Skinny Cow...and Quakes and kellogg's cracker chips, and
    These are all eaten in the appropriate quantities, of corse, but not hard to do
    The other thing, for lunch we often have El Monterey frozen buritos with taco sauce and 2 tbsp of Daisy Light sor cream..yummy...and fresh pineapple is high in vit C ans low cal.

Hope this helps.
    Also,
  • emhow
    emhow Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1400 a day. Don't think mine is spot on perfect though.....
  • kmeyer001
    Options
    This was helpful. Thank you.