Looking for friends with similarities

Options
Looking for some support from people who are similar to me. If you're just starting, we can cheer each other on. If you're near your goal or have reached it, maybe you can give me tips or suggestions?

31 years old
5'2"
Start weight on March 19th was 163lbs
Current weight is 157lbs
Goal is 130lbs

Will accept any friend requests though, not just people with similarities :)

Replies

• jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 30 years old, 5'0 and weight 199 lbs and my first goal is 160.
  • DoingthisforChris
    Options
    34 years old
    5'4"
    Start weight in March was 168lbs
    Current weight is 153lbs
    Goal is 120lbs

Feel free to add me, we have some close similarities
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We are already friends : ) But my current weight is 145, and my goal is 130. I am 5'6... : ) anyone else can add me : ) Oh and I'm 26, add 10 years : )
  • MommieD
    MommieD Posts: 14
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 30yr (soon to be 31), 5'4" and currently at 156lbs. Same goal: 130lbs.
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    We are already friends : ) But my current weight is 145, and my goal is 130. I am 5'6... : ) anyone else can add me : ) Oh and I'm 26, add 10 years : )

Yep, already friends! :)

Lol @ 26 add 10 years ;)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Similar goals, I will add you :)
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'4 sw-145 cw 139 gw 125. I am 27. Feel free to add me (goes for anyone not just op)
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Added/accepted everyone.

The support is what helps me the most.
  • Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    5'2 21yrs old
    started in january 176
    Now 173
    my first goal is 140
    Ultimate goal 125-135
    :) feel free to add me
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm at/near goal.
    5'2" 123 lbs.

My only real tips are dedication, taking occasional breaks, and once you get nearer to goal -- upping your calories.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Looking for some support from people who are similar to me. If you're just starting, we can cheer each other on. If you're near your goal or have reached it, maybe you can give me tips or suggestions?

31 years old
    5'2"
    Start weight on March 19th was 163lbs
    Current weight is 157lbs
    Goal is 130lbs

Will accept any friend requests though, not just people with similarities :)

32 yrs
    5'1.5" (I'm proud of that half!!)
    146 start weight mid January, 2012
    130 current weight
    120 goal weight

Almost there but plenty of toning and taming left to do!
    Feel free to add! :)
  • mom22qties
    Options
    5'3" and pretty close to the same start weight. Although I've got 10 yrs on you. Feel free to add me. I love having the support!!! :)
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I will be everyones friend!! Wow- that makes me sound sad and lonely! Haha.

4'10- have to lose about 50lbs!!
  • lizct16
    lizct16 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall and 135 lbs when I started 20 days ago. I'm down 4 lbs so far and would love to have some additional support.

Feel free to add me :)
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Everyond can add me too. I am 5'1" and first goal is 25lbs (but would like to lose 50. Looking for friends also.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me also. I am 33, 5'08 and I started (again) on March 5 at 208.2 and as of today I am 192. My initial goal is 170 and I'll see where I stand at that time. I've never been "skinny".

I initially started this journey (with progress, finally) in April 2010 after being diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. I was 237 at the time. I got down to 180, then I plateaued for almost a year, then my thyroid went wonky and I gained back until I got my medication changed, so I'm back on track, finally!

I only have 2 friends on here (coworkers), and they're not really active.

Friend away! :-D
  • RanaBee
    RanaBee Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey guys,
    im 23 years old
    5'6.5" and currently 133 lb n dying to go back to my normal weight 127 lb, i know 6 lb doesnt sound like a big deal but its been MONTHS and i've been doing everythin, eating right and sometimes exercising but its just not working!
    i need some friends and moral support here!
    add me please!
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi everyone!

5'3 & 1/2"
    Highest weight: 188 pounds
    SW: 148 pounds
    CW: 135.6 pounds
    GW: 133 pounds (may change to 130)

Feel free to add if you want!

:happy:
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been on/off MFP for about 6months now, but I am ready to be more committed.
    I have the hardest time losing weight due to:
    - I am very short (4’11”) so every pound shows
    - I have about 5-7pounds left to go, by Memorial Day weekend 5/26Saturday (big family BBQ).
    - I eat too much for my short body (so I have to work out 3-4times a week just to maintain my weight).

I keep losing and gaining these same 5 pounds.
    I start well: eating clean and working out. But then I get discouraged when the number don’t move, so then I get off the eating clean/working. Then I go back to it, and the cycle continues.

It's day 2 and I am doing well.
    Had an awesome Turbokick class this morning.

Totals today:
    cal: 1,423
    carbs: 177
    fat: 45
    protein: 87

Would really appreciate your support.
    Thank you,
    Amanda
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Taking it one day at a time.
    It's Day 4 today and I am doing well.

I am sore from my Mon/Tue/Wed workouts, so I am taking it easy today: just going for a stroll w/ the kids (6 and 7yrs old).

My plan is going well: the one where I put in my nighttime mouth guard after dinner (brushed teedth) to help discourage me from eating anything else.

My trainer/friend recommends a cheat meal 2x/week. I am planning one for Saturday (homemade pizza: blue cheese and sweet pear and spinach), but I am thinking of allowing one today also. But according to my food log (actual and planned), I will surpass my max (since I am not working out today). Ugh: what to do...

I am looking forward to my little 10oz Starbucks frappacino (in a glass bottle from BJ's Wholesale) over ice tomorrow when it is supposed to be warmer weather!

How is everyone else doing?
    Amanda