Options
Julem22
Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
But some days you just can't fit it in.

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ditto that. And I always feel like all my hard work and training will be gone with a day or two off. Usually, I do two 1-mile runs on a Tuesday. Today, I've done neither because I'm ill. I feel like when I go back I won't be able to run a mile any more. Stupid exercise.
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    ME2 - moved my off day from Monday to Friday that way if I do miss a day because I oversleep or (like last night) only sleep 2 hours, then I EARNED the rest day. I hit the gym harder on the weekends because I usually do not have to rush anywhere. I am extra grouchy when I dont get my workout too...
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    Missing an exercise day isn't bad. Everyone needs to have a day off sometime. Don't beat yourself up, just try to make the next one.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Treat it as a recovery day and get back in the saddle. Your body need days off too!
  • tammyclair
    Options
    When I miss a day - (I swim in the morning before work 5 days a week) - i spend the day wishing for a do-over. I try to remember that feeling at 5am when I just want to sleep in. most of the time it works.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I hate it too, mostly because I know myself and in the past I've let one busy day turn into 2, then 3, then I'm only fitting exercise in once or twice a month and then BOOM, I've gained 20 lbs again.

But one day off isn't going to stall your weight loss. Just be careful that it doesn't snowball into more and more days off.
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I won't miss it, it is already on my calendar so no other meetings to "to do's" can override it HAH!!!