10 Reasons I Don't Need the Scale Today!

Options
1. The scale doesn't care that I got my big butt up on the elliptical today or that I did it yesterday, or that I took the stairs. I do.
2. The scale doesn't care that I am on day 25+ of writing down my food, and that that is the longest I think I've ever managed consistently.
3. The scale doesn't care or know that I took a vitamin today - doing something healthy for me.
4. The scale doesn't know that my pants feel a little more loose today.
5. The scale doesn't know that every little bit more I do - every little extra step, every little extra movement, makes me feel better.
6. The scale doesn't care about my sanity, or that all of this is helping me retain it, but I do.
7. The scale doesn't know that I am working harder at being rigorously honest every day and the MFP is helping.
8. The scale doesn't care that I have been this weight before, that I have been heavier, or that I have been lighter. It doesn't take into account my history and it can't see how hard I have to try to do these things.
9. The scale can't see that my skin looks better from drinking all this stinking water and moreover,
10. The scale can't see that my azz doesn't look quite as ginormous to me as it did 25 days ago.

Just for today, I will give up the scale and realize it is only one measure of what I am doing. The best measure and the best thing that I can do is to be honest, to be consistent, and to love myself enough to change my life regardless of what that scale says. I will not give it the power to diminish me today.

Replies

• bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This. Is inspiring. Probably more than anything else I will read today. It's easy to become a slave to the scale and let it impact my mood and motivation for the rest of the day ... or week.

Thank you, and keep on rocking!

Lisa
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well said thank you!! bump
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Love this post!
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    great post....

I only visit my scale on Saturday mornings.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love this!
  • Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm SO with you and wrote a blog entry on saying "you suck" to that stupid piece of plastic junk on my floor! lol ;)

The scale will never tell you the TRUE success you are by the choices you are making on a regular basis!! Way to go!!
  • cwielk
    cwielk Posts: 36
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • ivyslocum
    ivyslocum Posts: 21
    Options
    WOW!!!! I needed to read this today!!!!! Would you mind if I copied it to a couple forums and to facebook so my friends can read it please?
  • joolie3
    joolie3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No please - go head and repost Ivy. It makes me feel good when I can actually put something useful out there!! :) Thanks guys, for the kind words!! They keep me going!
  • wonderwoman_72
    Options
    Thank you! I SO needed to be reminded of this today. I know I'm stronger than I've been in a long time and that scale is not going to tell me differently!
  • sivankeren
    sivankeren Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was feeling really bad after the scale told me I gained, even though I've been busting my A**!
  • Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    Options
    Thank you! I was feeling really bad after the scale told me I gained, even though I've been busting my A**!

DITTO!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    ..the scale monitors progress because losing 1lb a week sometimes is not clearly visible in the mirror
  • Chalesie
    Chalesie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS POST!!! Thanks for sharing! It really is all so very true and there is no reason we should become slaves to the scales...
  • imatoughgirl
    imatoughgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Weight is a number, like age, and shouldn't have the power to dictate what we do. Or when, or how, or what we wear to do it. Improving is a lifelong process, and if I waited to do some things I want to do until I'm perfect, I may not do them.
    Carry on!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! It is sooooo true. I think everyone should print this out and put it next to their scale at home!
  • joolie3
    joolie3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you - all of you - for the nice comments and great support. I have a really, really long way to go, but it's nice to know I don't really have to do it alone.
  • sivankeren
    sivankeren Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump, just so more people can see this :)
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Bravo! well said!:drinker: