Cream Cheese?

Options
rowlandk
rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
I have a question. A coworker of mine gave me this recipe for chicken bundles. They sound fabulous. But here's my question, would they still be good if I replaced the cream cheese with a plain Greek yogurt? I don't want all the calories of cream cheese and would love to get the added protein. Here is the recipe, please tell me what you think!

4 oz. cream cheese
1 - 13 oz can of chicken
1 tbs. sesame seeds
1/4 tsp. parsley
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (I'm using reduced fat)
1 Tbs. finely chopped onion

Combine all ingredients except crescent rolls and mix well. Open crescent rolls, do not divide into triangles. Keep every 2 triangles together forming 4 recangles. Pinch the seems closed and pat each one into a larger square. Put a spoonful of the mixture in the center of each squre. Fold the corners up into the center, layering like flower petals so the roll is sealed. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.

Replies

• DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would use the 95% fat free Kraft cream cheese but that is just me
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can. I have replaced cream cheese with Fat Free Ricotta in some recipes, but I think greek yogurt would end up too liquidy. I agree with the above poster, I would use fat free cream cheese.
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ok. Thanks for the input!
  • jgilbey
    jgilbey Posts: 79
    Options
    I use weight watchers whipped cream cheese and its 30cal per tbsp..
  • Queenmoreta
    Queenmoreta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I figured out the calories these would be as the recipe is given, if you get 8 little bundles. They would be 286 cals per bundle.
    It wasn't clear if you combined the two rolls only to get 4 bundles. In that case the calories would be quite high for only one.
    I'd experiment with other cheeses. Seems like 3.25 oz of chicken per bundle ( if it makes 4) is a very good sized portion.