day off plan?

Options
hi all

does anyone do the day off once a week to shock ur metobolism and eat wat u like??

just wondering if thats worth doing. or once a fortnite? once a month?

any advice wud be great x

Replies

• sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I don't really believe in doing a scheduled day off like that. I do believe in having a day every now and then where I treat myself to something that I would not normally eat, but I budget around that. So say I am craving something that I know is 800 calories a serving, I'll eat half of it and then watch my calories and fat for the rest of the day so I don't go over. I feel like if I had a cheat day I would just eat whatever I wanted and it would set me too far back.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I don't have an actual cheat day. If I have a craving I eat just enough to satisfy it. If I have plans coming up that will take me off my routine (hate to call it a diet) I work extra hard before and after that day.
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do it. My trainer recommended it to keep my body burning fat. I just started, but I had a pretty bad weekend, so don't judge from my diary(working on film sets, especially low budget all weekend, with not great food).

Feel free to friend me.

The first week I did it, I lost like 3 pounds. And I'm back on starting today. So I won't cheat again until next week. The days I eat well, I try to eat about 50-70 grams of carbs.
  • ab958
    ab958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find that if I take a day off then it's hard to go back to my diet the next day! It only takes a few days for your stomach to shrink when you start eating less, having a cheat day stretches it again and means that you feel even more hungry the next day. I guess it's about will power, if you can do it then I don't see why not.