waterproof camera?

Options
Letty_c
Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
Me and my hubby are looking for a camera for when we go white water rafting and eventually a cruise. Thus, I was wondering if anybody had a camera that they loved.... any input would be appreciated!!! Thanks

Replies

• johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i think you can just buy a case your current camera can fit in... if you google waterproof camera case you'll find it
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't even have a regular camera it died a while back :(
  • azrose81
    azrose81 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We have an Olympus waterproof camera that we have had for years! Works great! It has been under water in the pool,kayaking and many more adventures and still going strong!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    When I went to Cuba, I just bought a couple of Kodak waterproof disposables for when we went snorkelling and scuba diving.

they did a really good job.

that way I didn't have to take my expensive camera on the beach or invest in a waterproof one.

Lauren
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have a water proof Fiji, got it when we went to the bahamas and my pictures came out lovely! In and out of water.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love my Kodak play enough I bought a second one.

They shoot 1080p video which was why I bought the first one. They only take 5MP still photos so if you want a still shot only camera you can find double that easy. However, my 5 MP pictures come out great.
    They are good to 3 meter depth. So they would be perfect for such a trip.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't like risking an expensive camera when I go to do water-sports, so I buy disposable. For 30ish frames I think it cost me less than $15 at Walmart. The quality didn't come out very well, but I think part of that is due to the cheap place I went to process the photos, and how they don't know how to adjust the image brightness. Most recently, I even used my phone camera (but I can't submerge under water) for a kayaking trip. The images were better, but there are some limitations. I figure I have insurance, so why not? Just be sure to back up everything, and have a plan if you need an emergency calling device.

Scan of disposable waterproof camera photo from crappy 1 hour photo (07/2010)
    ChubbyandKaren001-1.jpg

Photo from my 8 mp camera phone with insurance (04/2012)
    2012-04-09_12-46-12_476-1.jpg
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    GoPro.
  • nvrider
    nvrider Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Oregon 550t that I use to take trail photos with. It is a GPS with a camera and it works really well. I ride in all kinds of weather and this enables me to not have to worry about things getting wet, as it is totally waterproof. As a nice bonus, the photos are geo-tagged so you'll always know where they were taken. Plus, you will have your tracks recorded and can see how far you've gone, your speed, etc. I've been using this for two years now and am quite happy with it. I use a lanyard on mine that goes around my neck and I slip it in and out of a shirt pocket. Quick and easy access that way! It also works as a heart monitor, human or equine. You can see some of my photos on my blog, www.enduranceridestuff.com/blog